The UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + RESIGNED

Christian

GOOD BYE!
Why is EVERYTHING
DESIGNED
To try to get a
RISE
OUT OF ME

:horny:

Oh HOLLY, you really didn't reckon with the LONDON GAYS

Ag

User
4 U MICK

newFile-1.jpg

Kratz

ICONS ONLY
We have become so unfamiliar with straight talking in public life that this man seems like a novelty simply through his candour. He’s quite formidable!

Kratz

ICONS ONLY
What he says at the end, in the Sophy Ridge interview, is compelling, important and should be heard by any working person who thinks this strike is not relevant to their own interests.

Oh and Jonathan Gullis is embarrassingly dim

win_the_game

Infidel dickpig
I was horrified to find out Gullis used to be a teacher. Clearly of the worst bullying kind.

Madison

Everything goes up by six
How does Maclean keep getting put on TV? She’s a fucking moron. Who on earth at CCHQ thought it was wise putting her up against Bob Crow mk2?

GNL

It's pronounced ginnel
How does Maclean keep getting put on TV? She’s a fucking moron. Who on earth at CCHQ thought it was wise putting her up against Bob Crow mk2?

I was AGOG at that moment at the end where a woman in the audience said she'd voted Tory all her life, but probably wouldn't in future, and pushed for what she would do to win voters like her back around she was just like "seems like a lost cause lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

A real FIREBRAND.

octophone

outtake
Love to see the wheels falling off and tactical voting/campaigning working.
This is where they've fucked it - if they'd saved their VONC until now, they may have persuaded a few more people that Johnson was no longer electoral gold. Such as it is, they're stuck with the useless prick.

octophone

outtake
I mean Dowden is an utter cunt, totally venal and self-interested so he's just being a typical Tory rat.

RaspberrySwirl

Leftover
Waking up and seeing multiple news notifications about this in my phone, I first thought he had resigned or been ousted, but I guess this will do too.

Kratz

ICONS ONLY
That is an absolute earthquake in Devon and important to remember, whilst a long-held Tory seat, it isn't really 'Blue Wall' - it's not SE commuter belt and it voted heavily for Leave in the referendum. This could be masking an incoming meltdown in the SE at the election (which Chesham and Amersham last year was a red flag of).

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
That is an absolute earthquake in Devon and important to remember, whilst a long-held Tory seat, it isn't really 'Blue Wall' - it's not SE commuter belt and it voted heavily for Leave in the referendum. This could be masking an incoming meltdown in the SE at the election (which Chesham and Amersham last year was a red flag of).
Apparently the seat has only existed since 1997, but the area served by it hasn't been represented by any party other than the Conservatives since 1923 :D

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I'm currently in Teignmouth, so the local news here is QUITE THE TREAT this morning. Just looking at the 2019 results, this seat (Newton Abbot) had a narrower victory for the Tories last time than T&H, although they still had over 55% of the vote.

Seeing a little yellow splodge on the political map of my beloved South West has perked me right up. And just thinking of the Tory MPs shitting themselves right now is delicious.

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I'm currently in Teignmouth, so the local news here is QUITE THE TREAT this morning. Just looking at the 2019 results, this seat (Newton Abbot) had a narrower victory for the Tories last time than T&H, although they still had over 55% of the vote.

Seeing a little yellow splodge on the political map of my beloved South West has perked me right up. And just thinking of the Tory MPs shitting themselves right now is delicious.
And I think it's really quite significant that before today, the only seats in the SW which weren't blue were the four central Bristol Labour ones, Bath (Lib Dem), and then single Labour seats in Exeter and Plymouth. All urban seats with high student populations. T&H is overwhelmingly rural farmland. Tiverton itself only has a population of 20k or so.

Last edited:

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
God bless Johnson for stubbornly refusing to stand down; he's absolutely destroying the Tories and it's so very wholesome to watch.
And God Bless those 211 fuckers who voted to keep him in, because they have gifted us these results. I can well imagine the the tactical voting wouldn't have been so strong had that result gone the other way.

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I love how quickly they've come to regret that decision.
I was going to say I almost felt sorry for a lot of them, as I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the majority of backbenchers wanted rid - it was the ones with their snouts more firmly in the trough who propped him up. But ultimately...

macgly-tati.gif

Kratz

ICONS ONLY
I was going to say I almost felt sorry for a lot of them, as I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the majority of backbenchers wanted rid - it was the ones with their snouts more firmly in the trough who propped him up. But ultimately...

macgly-tati.gif
:D

Yep, 75% of backbenchers voted for him to go

dmlaw

Democracy doesn't work
The backbenchers may have voted for Boris to go but they are all still Tories, so having an awful shit as a leader is pretty much unavoidable.

VoR

Take it or leave it
Fun fact Facebook memories just reminded me of. It’s 6 years today since Cameron resigned.

• Wow
Reactions: COB

VoR

Take it or leave it
I assumed the ‘she’s locked herself in a gym’ thing was a joke about the time Johnson hid in a fridge at first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom