The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I’ve had an email saying I can book mine. I’m guessing the carer route has ticked me off.
Booster vaccine doses will be available on the NHS for people most at risk from COVID-19 who have had a 2nd dose of a vaccine at least 6 months ago.

This includes:

• people aged 50 and over
  • people who live and work in care homes
  • frontline health and social care workers
  • people aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts them at high risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19
  • carers aged 16 and over
  • people aged 16 and over who live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
People who are pregnant and in 1 of the eligible groups can also get a booster dose.

This is what NHS website says now. When I had my email last week, frontline health and social care wasn't yet mentioned I don't think, which was presumably why my younger colleagues hadn't been invited at that point.

Or perhaps those same criteria were always there, they were just staggering the invites.

For a forum that makes out it is tolerant and anti-prejudice, a lot of posters do not welcome any point of view that is different to the norm on here!
I’ve heard this argument used by people opposed to same sex marriage and other LGBT+ issues.

It doesn’t work this way with everything. Sometimes the right answer is FUCK OFF.

I’ve heard this argument used by people opposed to same sex marriage and other LGBT+ issues.

It doesn’t work this way with everything. Sometimes the right answer is FUCK OFF.
I'm not opposed to any of those things at all.

But where vaccines are concerned I respect people's right to say what they want to put in their body.

Given that I got my vaccines a bit early, I wonder if I'll be invited for a booster?

Why are they morons?
On the very slight chance you aren’t trolling, there is a deadly virus about. There is no serious scientific doubt the the vaccine makes said virus less deadly for you and everyone around you. There is also no serious suggestion that the vaccine will harm you in anything other than extremely rare circumstances. Many, many common medications have worse and more likely side effects with no real concern being raised. The ‘you don’t know what’s in it’ argument applies to all other medication ever and a significant proportion of your food. Therefore, morons.

24 hour ban for anti-vax nonsense
On the very slight chance you aren’t trolling, there is a deadly virus about. There is no serious scientific doubt the the vaccine makes said virus less deadly for you and everyone around you. There is also no serious suggestion that the vaccine will harm you in anything other than extremely rare circumstances. Many, many common medications have worse and more likely side effects with no real concern being raised. The ‘you don’t know what’s in it’ argument applies to all other medication ever and a significant proportion of your food. Therefore, morons.
It depends how you view death. I think it has to be easier than living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom