The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think I'll just keep getting them as many times as is recommended... Even if each one only helps a little, I don't really see why not too. I think I'd rather get one every week than ever have to social distance/be in lockdown again

Same here, basically + underlying health condition, so if I'm recommended to get two or three jabs a year for the next few years, I'll do it in a heartbeat.

Plus I haven't had Covid (yet), so it's not like I have any "natural" antibodies either.

I'm still spending more times in a mask than out of it but that's also a big reason I haven't caught it at work when I've been exposed to it a whole bunch of times in the last 3 months.

I've had my letter in for my booster. The bastards have stopped giving the time off for it so it either comes out our holiday hours or we have to rearrange it. No wonder it's back again if employers are doing that.

Got boosted yesterday. Heard they were doing walk ins for any age over 12... not quite, it was still "you're under 50 so I need a reason like you're a carer"

Thought I'd not get it as my parents are not CEV but as soon as I started saying "I live with my parents, they're sixt-" she just gave the nod.

Admittedly friends afterwards were all "oh shit why, I heard it's dangerous for under 50s, does weird shit to your immune system and fucks up your heart"
I'm not informed enough to say for sure but I imagine it's just scare mongering. Either way, a chance to reduce the risk of having covid when I'm meant to be going to Germany in 3 weeks time? Stick it in me..

The 4rth dose is still advised only for people over 70, or 60 with serious immunodeficiency or other chronic conditions or living in elderly homes here.
And I read they have no intention to make it available to the rest of us whatsoever.

The 4rth dose is still advised only for people over 70, or 60 with serious immunodeficiency or other chronic conditions or living in elderly homes here.
And I read they have no intention to make it available to the rest of us whatsoever.
Well I got it and I’m not elderly. And no heart attack (yet)

All this talk of 4 I feel like I’ve had 5. Is that even possible? I’m lost…

I had my fourth this week. I'm not terribly vulnerable but I do take medication that slightly reduces my immune system which technically qualifies me, and a couple of close friends just came down with the 'vid last week, so I figured I'd take the hit.

Hope my heart doesn't explode! :o

My mum’s had 5 now

I guess so then. I got mine right at the start with my Mum who was one of the first in just as they had spare doses lying around, then it became “cancer/ carer”.

Better update to 5xvacc on Grindr

I guess so then. I got mine right at the start with my Mum who was one of the first in just as they had spare doses lying around, then it became “cancer/ carer”.

Better update to 5xvacc on Grindr
I went almost exactly a year between 3 and 4. If you had one earlier this year as well, I imagine you've had 5.

I went almost exactly a year between 3 and 4. If you had one earlier this year as well, I imagine you've had 5.

Yeah, I did. We had boosters in January (I think...might have been Feb/Mar). I had a massive row with the staff there as they wouldn't accept the NHS reminder email as proof I needed one, weren't offering it to carers and when I looked up a letter saying I had cancer, they said that wasn't enough, even though the two together surely showed I needed one or I was running an international fraud ring.

The Doctor they consulted in the end just said "Yeah, give it to him, it's fine" to shut me up I think :D

Mincing into the 4-shot club like

Turn Up Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

I wonder how that's possible - we know the vaccine wears off over time, surely a booster would help boost immunity!

I guess it depends a lot on the specifics of the statement. If an effect means not dying, then it might only make a negligible difference because it’s already a small likelihood for under 50s.

If it means not catching it or not feeling like shit or something, that’s a different prospect.

If it has an effect on people contracting it or at least being infectious, then I’d say that’s good on the whole in reducing the spread

That's because they're statistically more vulnerable though. I suspect it's more that it's a cost/risk analysis - the risk of death for under 50s isn't high enough for the cost of rolling out to under 50s.

As ever, I just want to be jabbed!
If you went for one, would they stop you?

I had a fourth dose last week after self-declaring via the NHS booking site that I'm more vulnerable/at risk due to a weaker immune system, there was plenty of availability to get it booked. I didn't get asked for any evidence of being vulnerable/a frontline worker etc when getting it done. They'd probably just rather have as many people jabbed as possible, the doses might just go to waste otherwise 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom