The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The closest dates were 2 weeks away when I booked yesterday. 4 weeks if you wanted a Saturday. I guess it depends how many more 50+ people are left to book. I imagine announcing it's due for 40+ soon will scare a few 50+ people into booking to make sure they get it before Christmas.

There's a pop-up booster clinic here tomorrow so I'm going to chance my arm. Only a 10 minute walk if it's a wasted journey.

Reactions: COB
There's a pop-up booster clinic here tomorrow so I'm going to chance my arm. Only a 10 minute walk if it's a wasted journey.
COMPUTER SAYS NO

There's another one next Friday for over-40s, but I'll be in 🇲🇽! ARRIBA!

abfab-ive.gif

Well I had an appointment to get it now, but they won’t give it without my fucking health insurance card (which I have but not with me). They didn’t ask for it for the first two doses so I didn’t even think about it

I’ve got the chills today :( going to treat myself to some tom yum soup and laksa.

chills and aches seem to be a very common side effect of the booster but it also seems to last for a day, sometimes less. Hopefully for you too :love:

Well my arm really hurts this time but apart from that, no major side-effects so far. Could be because they popped a flu jab in me as well, mind you.

I'm not sure really. I think most venues have one or the other (Pfizer or Moderna - AZ boosters aren't being widely used), and I noticed the NHS booking site tells you what it is for most of them. So I guess it's mainly up to the individual to choose.

I was just told I was getting Moderna. Which is fine, it sounds cooler.

"Oh, I preferred their earlier stuff when they were still on Moderna. When they signed to Pfizer, it was downhill all the way (*sniffs solemnly*)"

I had a tech coming over to install my air-condition today. Prior to coming he called to inform me that he is unvaccinated and that I could cancel and hire someone else to do it. I told him am vaccinated so he can still come over as long as he wears a mask cause I was worried he might be anti-mask too. Anyways he came wearing his mask, I was wearing mine too and most of the time I waited for him to do his job out of the house. So finally he did a fantastic job living up to all the good feedback I was given about him. And after he finished and I paid him he gave me a little antivax speech about globalization and pharmaceuticals and China laboratories and all, and I told him that no matter what we've come to the point where two choices were made available to both of us, he chose A and I chose B, perhaps none of them is 1000% risk free but am willing to take the risks of my own choice and I sure hope he is willing to take the risks of his. And when I said this his face became red with anger and for a second I thought he is going to start shouting at me, but instead he told me "just remember to clean the filters every 15 days cause that's what is genuinely dangerous" and then packed his things and left. And am wondering what was this about? I've already had it, he wasn't going to change my mind, why do they feel they need to indoctrinate us with the antivax message? Is it now a religion?

Appointments were literally disappearing as I was clicking with everyone trying to get one since the moment the government announced vax passports with only two jabs will no longer be valid past the 15th of January.

I don't really know why we were allowed to get our booster as it's meant to be 40+, but it's been 6 months since my second dose so they just let me walk in and get it. Works for me!

They were doing vaccination passport scans on everyone who was to board the ferry today. Never seen any inspections before, made me feel am going to a safe place.

I had a tech coming over to install my air-condition today. Prior to coming he called to inform me that he is unvaccinated and that I could cancel and hire someone else to do it. I told him am vaccinated so he can still come over as long as he wears a mask cause I was worried he might be anti-mask too. Anyways he came wearing his mask, I was wearing mine too and most of the time I waited for him to do his job out of the house. So finally he did a fantastic job living up to all the good feedback I was given about him. And after he finished and I paid him he gave me a little antivax speech about globalization and pharmaceuticals and China laboratories and all, and I told him that no matter what we've come to the point where two choices were made available to both of us, he chose A and I chose B, perhaps none of them is 1000% risk free but am willing to take the risks of my own choice and I sure hope he is willing to take the risks of his. And when I said this his face became red with anger and for a second I thought he is going to start shouting at me, but instead he told me "just remember to clean the filters every 15 days cause that's what is genuinely dangerous" and then packed his things and left. And am wondering what was this about? I've already had it, he wasn't going to change my mind, why do they feel they need to indoctrinate us with the antivax message? Is it now a religion?

The trigger here is that you applied logic against his argument. The antivax message is an echo chamber reinforced in social media over and over until it feels indisputable, and you just exposed the lie. Even worse, you did it so easily. It’s sort of like adding a virus to a computer game. You’ve put a glitch in the system now. He probably twitched all the way home.

They were doing vaccination passport scans on everyone who was to board the ferry today. Never seen any inspections before, made me feel am going to a safe place.
When I flew from Dublin to Porto on Monday nothing was checked at either side. Leaving Porto passport control asked me if I was vaccinated and took my ‘sim/yes” as confirmation. The Ryanair attendant leaving Portugal took a cursory glance at the digital covid cert I had and nothing was checked in Dublin again . I selfishly don’t personally mind the ease of travel this allowed but it all seemed quite lax.

Where are my 2 x Pfizer + 1 Moderna queens at? I got absolutely no side effects on all three occasions apart from the sore arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom