Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I didn't care about this at the time, but all of a sudden I'm OBSESSED? It still sounds great today.

Weirdly for me it works better as an audio-only experience, as the video and live performances I've seen are all so LIMP and LIFELESS they suck all of the energy and urgency out of the song for me :D

I've always wondered why The Veronica's didn't get a bigger UK push, as they seemed like an act that could easily build a decent fanbase - until I listened to their other material for the time and Untouched is SO head and heels above everything else it's borderline hilarious :D

In My Blood which came a few years later is a great pop song however, even if it sounds like it's from a completely different band :D (again featuring another lifeless video)

Are you feeling UNTOUCHED? :UncomfortableQuestion:

SO GOOD. It was on the radio here all the time around 2009.

Also great are 4ever, In My Blood, You Ruin Me, Take Me On The Floor, When It All Falls Apart,

AND Think of Me, which includes the lyric
"Do you miss me in your sheets?
Do you miss me in your bed?
The way we talk all night, the way I give you head?"
which I feel could be written from the perspective of a gay man who's ex is now with a woman

I think 4Ever is RUBBISH, sorry. It's just really not a very well written song, and many others around the time did the same sound but much better.

It was the follow up UK single even though I think it was several years old at that point, and then The Veronicas were basically never heard of AGAIN! :D

Oh my, you are so correct https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Ruin_Me

How did THAT HAPPEN? I have absolutely zero recollection of a The Veronicas UK comeback, never mind a TOP 10 ballad SMASH!
The British public were just really feeling dreary songs that week

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 6.24.18 AM.png

I think 4Ever is RUBBISH, sorry. It's just really not a very well written song, and many others around the time did the same sound but much better.

It was the follow up UK single even though I think it was several years old at that point, and then The Veronicas were basically never heard of AGAIN! :D

I sort of like it, but it’s basically the intro to Since u been gone, and most of the rest is U + UR Hand

I've always wondered why The Veronica's didn't get a bigger UK push, as they seemed like an act that could easily build a decent fanbase - until I listened to their other material for the time and Untouched is SO head and heels above everything else it's borderline hilarious :D

Sorry but 4ever is UP there with Untouched! Even if it sounds like a P!nk reject from back then. :kim:

EDIT: Ag just reminded me of Take Me On The Floor too :disco:

Does anyone remember Lolita? what a weird ott banger that was.

Jesus, what a DISMAL top ten. It sounds like the playlist they pump into the waiting room at Dignitas to make sure you don't change your mind.
:D :D

I think the only ones I would choose to listen to are the Veronicas and Calvin Harris songs

"I go ooh ooh, you go ah ah
La la la la, la la la la
I can la la la la la la
I wanna, wanna, wanna get, get, get what I want, don't stop
Gimme, gimme, gimme whatcha got, got
'Cause I can't wait, wait, wait any m-more, more, more"

An ICONIC first verse of utter nonsense :disco:

And @Pipo I'm so sorry sweaty for your taste level with THAT opinion on 4Ever :(

It’s good, but I’ve never been obsessed with it or them.

My track of choice these days is If You Love Someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom