The Weeknd - After Hours / Save Your Tears

I imagine it would still be top 20 if it wasn't for ACR.

Yeah it is, there was a big clean out this week.

Its not the right topic, but I actually do agree in some respects with ACR. Blinding Lights is a fabulous track and still very popular, but it’s been out 90 weeks. That’s not a ‘current hit’ and I personally don’t need that clogging up the top forty from newer songs or acts trying to break through.

it's a current hit and has been for well over a year and it's what is popular, which it's the chart's exact job to represent :evil:

Not necessarily toots. For their first fifty years of their existence you couldn’t buy a song from about 15 weeks after it’s release (once production was stopped either due to it falling to a certain level or the label choosing to move onto a new single).

What the charts measure now - consumption of music over *certain* platforms - such as streaming but not airplay - is very different to what they ever have measured prior. Whether that’s a good thing or not is a discussion for another day.

The one thing I love about the Save Your Tears collab (which is already a really good song on its own) is that it's nice to hear Ariana on a big pop song again rather than just mumbling over some trip-trap-whatever it is.

The topic is sending a lot of mixed messages.
It's one of the issues of changing thread titles as time goes on I suppose. I posted the Blinding Light certification post in here after not being able to find the original thread because it was retitled. Then perhaps unsurprisingly people reply to the thread title rather than my post.

I really hate retitling when it changes the original purpose of the topic and makes half the topic irrelevant. Split it off or ADD to the topic title.

Reactions: D5K
I really hate retitling when it changes the original purpose of the topic and makes half the topic irrelevant. Split it off or ADD to the topic title.
some artists just aren't big enough to warrant a new thread for every single. the titles move with the conversation!

I hope his next album isn't going to be all 80s synth gimmicks.
Said nobody ever. I’d like that CONSTANTLY PLEASE

Laughably late to the party but I heard this album playing in Rough Trade today and thought OH WOW WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS before the appearance of Blinding Lights made it all very clear :disco:

Last edited:
Their voices sound so lush together every time. Off The Table, Save Your Tears and of course, my favorite girl Love Me Harder.

They should team for at least an EP :disco: What a dream that would be, but no mumblecore mumbo jumbo please Ari.

Let's relive the moment again

- The crowd losing their minds when Ariana pops around the corner
- Abel loving every single second
- Ariana whistle noting life itself into oblivion

:disco:

Let's relive the moment again

- The crowd losing their minds when Ariana pops around the corner
- Abel loving every single minute
- Ariana whistle noting life itself into oblivion

:disco:

I fucking love this performance. It's her effortless ad libs that make it for me.

I really dislike the current trend of calling duets “remixes”. Just hand it over to BIMBO JONES.

Although, saying that, I’m sure @The Unholy Ghost will enjoy this Enya remix. :disco:

I fucking love this performance. It's her effortless ad libs that make it for me.
Pipo and me every time

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 21.47.04.png

Looks like it may compete for US Hot 100 #1 with the remix's huge streaming impact.

Spotify

Die For You Remix

WW #2 (8,931,107)
US #2 (2,419,349)

Die For You overall

WW #1 (12,485,304)
US #1 (3,350,857) *almost 2M more than Flowers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom