The White Lotus (HBO not so Limited Series)

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
From Mike White, the creator of Enlightened

The cast looks amazing and the reviews have been good. I’m excited for this one.

Loved this, I’m so glad we’re getting another great limited series after Mare.

I have zero idea what this is about based on that trailer, but I'm here for Jennifer Coolidge.

A promising first episode! It’s darker and gloomier than I expected so that’s a positive. Loved the theme music and the visuals too.

Anyone else watching this? I’m enjoying it, but after three episodes with intense atmosphere something needs to actually happen. Also I would have prefered if there were a couple more guests to focus on.

For some reason various cast members of the Real Housewives of Melbourne have been chosen as "influencers" to try and promote this with a bunch of branded tat on their Instagram :D

Quite an interesting marketing strategy, but if there is shared circle of interest between the two shows I will probably watch the first episode to FIND OUT! :D

Yes, I watched the first two episodes. Thanks for spoiling that nothing happens in the third.

Anyone else watching this? I’m enjoying it, but after three episodes with intense atmosphere something needs to actually happen. Also I would have prefered if there were a couple more guests to focus on.

I think the third episode was the weakest so far but it’s still such a fun time. I love how it feels that at any moment everyone will either start killing each other or fucking.

What a fucking episode. It’s all very sexual and tense.

Also the BLM gag had me screaming.

A deep sea fisherman with a group of Black Lives Matter :D

The introduction of the mother-in-law is exactly what we needed, especially considering who she is.

And Armond’s rimming position had me all :horny:

I just watched the first episode and loved it. I don’t care if nothing happens, it’s entertaining. Of course I’d like something to happen later

I’m up to episode 3 and loving it so far, they must be glad to have got this out before 9 perfect strangers.

Last edited:
The finale was great. What a fun little show.

I was never bothered by Alexandra Daddario but she was really good. The whole thing was such a showcase for everyone. I think they will have actors lining up for season 2.

Post finale character rank:

01. Belinda
02. Mrs Mossbacher
03. Armond
04. Rachel
05. The mother-in-law
06. Tanya
07. Quinn
————
08. Mr Mossbacher
09. Paula
10. Olivia
11. Shane

Post finale character rank:

01. Belinda
02. Mrs Mossbacher
03. Armond
04. Rachel
05. The mother-in-law
06. Tanya
07. Quinn
————
08. Mr Mossbacher
09. Paula
10. Olivia
11. Shane
Rachel is near the bottom for me. Her going back to Shane after all the tears. What a stupid move.

I've watched three episodes now. About halfway through the second episode I did get to the 'this is all lovely and good fun, but when will something happen?' point, but like Phoenix says, the joy is in the sense of uneasy restlessness that anything could kick off at any time, in the Hi de Hi with money setting.

The way the tension slowly builds and everything gently unravels until, mild spoiler, it reaches FEVER PITCH at the end is incredible.

The casting is also superb, I hope they’re able to maintain this level of quality with the Second season.

Was the finale written by Martha Skidd? :vomit:

Really enjoyed this, loved the atmosphere.

Well that was shit..

Really good, enjoyed it a lot and the open ended set up of it all. I hope we get more. The jewel thief was robbed of a good rumming scene though.

I found this very interesting regarding Armond, probably given I'm the same age as him, or Murray Bartlett at least, and the writer. Spoiler alert if you haven't watched the whole thing yet.

Loved this! Thanks for posting. I was slightly bemused that this show had a slightly psychopathic gay villain(ish) but this puts a lot of my thoughts into context a lot more. He was definitely the most layered and interesting character for me, along with spa queen Belinda who was a bit more straightforward.
Incredible that the Pineapple Suite actually ended up KILLING HIM! Wanted to see far more of the rimming scene too. I'd have totally taken advantage of the hot dumb blonde waiter too :D WHOOPS!

I really enjoyed this, as others have said the music really helps RACK UP THE TENSION when not much of note is actually happening, and 6 episodes was the perfect length.
Getting down to the last 15 minutes of the show and it still wasn't entirely clear what was going to happen was brilliant and really felt quite tense to watch.

Also interesting in my brain that almost all of the cast have genuinely quite decent acting CVs behind them, and I was only really aware of Jennifer Coolidge and Molly Shannon :D
The son in particular seems to be getting a lot of work at the moment, if not a lead.

I never really saw Armond as a villain TBH :D

I recognise that aspects of his behaviour were very much villainous, but Jake Lacy’s character was so irredeemably awful that I couldn’t help but root for Armond to keep fucking with him.

I said villain(ish) :UncomfortableQuestion:

Also forgot to mention the two girls who had quite an enjoyable and layered friendship. The friend in particular was in an incredibly complex character now I’ve had a bit of time to dwell on it.

I love that their personalities were based upon the podcast Red Scare too :D
A quick listen to it and their cynical, droll musings sound EXACTLY LIKE THEM! :D

• Love
Reactions: GNL
Tanya letting Belinda down was so signposted from the start that I kind of hoped the show would throw in a curveball and have her follow through in some way after all - though I guess that would’ve undermined the show’s central thesis a bit.

I also wasn’t sure if the show intended us to see Belinda as actually not a particularly good therapist? :D After the first episode I thought she actively gave Tanya quite a lot of bad advice and/or missed some good opportunities to really help her. (To the extent that her mostly self-created problems really NEEDED outside help, anyway).

To me Murray and especially Tanya represented the average viewer looking into fragments of the lives of these rich people. Their approach and interaction with these ”aliens” differed a lot but didn’t end up well either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom