The White Lotus (HBO not so Limited Series)

Finally watched the first episode. I haven absolutely no idea what this is about or what direction it's going to go in, but I'm enjoying the tension. The subtle underlying insecurities of pretty much every character is quite on point. Seems to be more of a character study than a particular story, but I do hope it goes SOMEWHERE.

Will stick with it.

Finally watched the first episode. I haven absolutely no idea what this is about or what direction it's going to go in, but I'm enjoying the tension. The subtle underlying insecurities of pretty much every character is quite on point. Seems to be more of a character study than a particular story, but I do hope it goes SOMEWHERE.

Will stick with it.

I never followed up here but I did finish this and absolutely loved it. I think it suffers from difficult first episode syndrome where nothing is bad but in committing to setting the table with all its main characters, it starts very slow and deliberate and you have to stick with it. But the payoff is worth it - I was so invested by the end.

I loved this show a lot, but I felt the finale was a major disappointment. every storyline was such an anti-climax in the end.

all that tension building between Tanya and Belinda, and in the end she doesn't even tell Tanya what a selfish bitch she is. Paula rips into Olivia for being just like her awful parents, but by the end of the episode they're friends again. and worst of all, Rachel finally lets Shane know what a total and utter arsehole he is, only to... change her mind about leaving him? I mean, poor Alexandra Daddario. she didn't have much to work with throughout the season, but what a shit ending for her character.

maybe "awful rich people don't change" is kinda the point, but that does not make for satisfying TV. only Armond shitting in the suitcase even remotely scratched that itch.

I stopped reading near the end as I detected a whiff of spoilers, but she really does make your heart swell. She has a unique screen presence.

Does she say whether she’s in S2?

I know it’s an anthology but I thought they might common thread it with 1 or 2 characters, and given how great that role was I think they could have taken it further.

Also, before reading that article

I don't think I picked up at all that Tanya gave Belinda as much as $75,000.

I ended up reading the whole thing. What a great interview, what a woman.

Also, before reading that article

I don't think I picked up at all that Tanya gave Belinda as much as $75,000.
I think she's saying that's her interpretation of how much it might have been rather than anything that was in the script...

A few seconds confirming that it’s coming out this year

She’s not very different from the character she played, is she? Or was she acting as her?

She has her Jen-C mannerisms for sure, but if you've seen her in more than just The White Lotus you'll know how versatile she is.

On that note, everybody watch the Christopher Guest films.

I LOVED this series and I LOVED Jennifer Coolidge in it. Delighted it's coming back with her.

Can we also take a moment to appreciate how ridiculous the Emmy voting system is, and how lazy the voters are? It just so happens that FIVE (5) of the best supporting actresses in a mini-series across all US TV from the past year came from White Lotus, and the other two (2) came from Dopesick? Sure. Why not watch a few more things, huns

At least they finally stopped hurling awards at The Marvellous Mrs Maisel, a show I'm convinced nobody actually watches.

She has her Jen-C mannerisms for sure, but if you've seen her in more than just The White Lotus you'll know how versatile she is.

On that note, everybody watch the Christopher Guest films.

Aside from White Lotus I think I’ve only seen her in Friends.

I do hope the series has more direction and moments than this trailer. Not even Theo James with his kit off will make up for it otherwise.

(now that we can all google his arse in The Time Traveller's Wife)

I’ve got a lot of faith this will be great, they can’t exactly reveal many plot points in the trailer.

I never watch trailers, don’t understand why people would want to see any spoilers. (Then again I don’t even read the description in the back cover of a book.)

this has 84 on Metagritic and good-to-rave reviews across the board, I'm impatient to see it

Fantastic first episode, I wish they’d release more than one per week.

Aubrey Plaza is wonderful and and I’m already in love wirh the female Italian hotel manager.

I do hope we won’t see much more of Theo James getting naked though, I’m so over it since he got naked in literally every episode of The Time Traveller’s Wife.

I think it’s safe to say you’re one of the few who actually watched that show :D I appreciated the dangling dong.

I’m excited to see where it goes. There’s definitely more expectations after the first season.

He works as a hot piece but centering a show around him and Rose Leslie was a mistake. As much as I wanted to see him blow himself.

That was wonderful.

And I'll take however much dick Theo James is willing to give, thanks.

He works as a hot piece but centering a show around him and Rose Leslie was a mistake. As much as I wanted to see him blow himself.

Rose Leslie was really grating in that show. Theo crouching over naked amazingly did manage to get a little old, but absence does make the heart grow fonder so I am ready to see whatever he decides to show in the name of his art.

I enjoyed this anyway and especially liked Aubrey Plaza and Will Sharpe. The manager was fun too, especially in the scenes with the prostitute.

Very promising first episode. I'm enjoying seeing a darker side to Tanya with that POOR assistant :D

Aubrey Plaza & co's scenes were definitely the most interesting so far, but everyone had promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom