The Witcher [Netflix]

KindaCool

Footsteps are following me
Has anyone watched the first season. It seems like a huge hit.

It's mainly held up by Geralt's and Ciri's actors because the rest are mostly dry and stiff. The pace is a bit fast too. We barely get to see most relationships develop.

Season 2 is already coming next year and there's even talk of it being around for ages.

Also I'm pretty sure Henry Cavill is the best looking man I've ever seen.

I saw one episode and it was the worst ever. why spend so much money on what basically ends up looking like a Hallmark production?

It was a huge hit, wasn't it? I'm sure I read it was the biggest show of last year on Netflix, despite only being on it for a few weeks.

Anyway, Mr L watched it. I thought it looked fucking dreadful, but it totally isn't my thing. And I've gone right of Henry Cavill. Far too BUFF now, and I don't like what that has done to his face.

It was a huge hit, wasn't it?

It was. But a huge part of that would have been the books and games following. If they wanna maintain that kinda viewership, they're gonna have to boost everything A LOT. The production looks downright BUDGET in some places, especially in the Brokilon Forest. The writing is alright, but a bit corny and the pacing is too fast. And the ACTING is just piss poor in most characters.

It's like Game of Thrones for kids. The gore is there, but without the grit or the development.

Henry Cavill in Mission Impossible 6 is just about the hottest thing ever, and he doesn't even take his shirt off. That TACHE.

I watched an episode of this as I'd played the game but high fantasy isn't really my thing as far as TV show go. It was a big old hit though and Netflix greenlit an additional two new series after it aired.

It was alright, the weird timeline thing made it more complicated than it should have been. Probably wouldn’t work as a week to week show but only as a quick binge.

It’s a tough property to adapt since most of them are short stories.

It’s a tough property to adapt since most of them are short stories.

They could have just done the game story. Only played Witcher 3 but the scope is HUGE and at least it would have been coherent, sort of.

Well, there's room for improvement, I'll say that. Otherwise I'm watching for one reason only obviously. Great gowns.

I did enjoy it and Henry was as convincing a Geralt as you'll likely get but yes the pacing was fucking dreadful. Skipping ahead so far each episode made you not care about what was going on. Budget wise they did the best with what they had I guess.

It felt like Season 1 was purely designed as an introduction to their history, which was lazy and taking the piss really, if that was the case/intention.

I think we were spoiled with GoT which had a very high production value/costuming and they did a lot of practical effect versus this which is closer to Spartacus.

In terms of high fantasy series I have high hopes for The Wheel of Time if that ever comes out (thanks Corona).

It was quite patchy but I still binged and enjoyed it well enough.

I read that they were using the various short stories in season one to set things up and season two will be more linear in structure, which is definitely a good thing.

2 episodes into Season 2 and I'd say it's noticeably better. The acting is a lot better, with the exception of the actress playing Francesca. Her character is MUCH more interesting.

It still lacks any real grit though. It's more fairytale in some places. Although that's probably deliberate.

The actresses playing literally ALL of the sorceresses are all awful. It's C-Grade acting at best. The budget clearly all went to the special effects and CGI.

Was nice to finally see Philipa though :disco: All we need is now Keira.

Finished season 2 and it was alright. They give no idea about the size of the world, the characters just zoom from one place to the other.

I think the plot I enjoyed the most was Fringilla and the assassination scene was pretty cool.

Gaskier was awful and the actor looked like shit.

I quite enjoyed it. The younger actors are much less annoying than in The Wheel of Time. I agree that the bard was very hard work but it felt like he didn't feature as heavily as in the first season.

I am obviously biased but at least The Wheel of Time attempts to create a the illusion of them needing to travel from one place to the other.

Henry Caville is out and being replaced by Liam Hemsworth for season 4 :o

I assume this is related to the announcement the other day that he's officially back as Superman with new projects in the works - I'm guessing he wouldn't have time for both franchises.

Cavill was basically the only thing holding the show because the acting is so consistently abysmal across the board. The girl playing Ciri is the only good actress left

FB_IMG_1667596194435.jpg

The first episode was so boring I am struggling to muster the enthusiasm to continue.

I preferred that spin-off that everyone hated I think.
The cartoon was really good. I think they should start shifting into that format.

I can't see Liam Hemsworth keeping the live series going that much longer. I especially can't see him pulling off the Geralt-Ciri dynamic, which is the ONLY thing the show has going for it imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom