Thursday is an acquired taste. You don't like Thursday? Acquire some taste!

It's 2005! I'm phoning the POLICE.

bf98451a9b3e0e9fbd32de6405bdc24a.gif

I found one of these Motorolas in one of my hoarding boxes a couple of weeks ago. :shy:

I’m on the train to London and I’ve got people coughing and sniffing all around me 😷

Times like this I’m glad I’ve had covid already!

Oh god I don't know what to do job-wise. Job A which is the easy, lazy option FOR NOW until the end client start changing all their processes and I have to do stuff I don't want to, or Job B which means starting over but probably has more longevity in terms of doing what I like doing (and are dead keen and want to give me more money)?

UGH

I have messaged a colleague who has worked for both to ask how they compare!

Good afternoon my loves. I have been out getting PAMPERED all morning. First my hair, then my nails, and then a lovely facial followed by a deep tissue massage.

Oh god I don't know what to do job-wise. Job A which is the easy, lazy option FOR NOW until the end client start changing all their processes and I have to do stuff I don't want to, or Job B which means starting over but probably has more longevity in terms of doing what I like doing (and are dead keen and want to give me more money)?

UGH

Job B surely? Unless I have missed something.

UGH

Shall I start a poll?

UGH

Sounds like Job B is the bigger upheaval but the one you'd look back on and be happier you made that choice when you're settled. Sometimes it's just time for a fresh start, and on this occasion your hand was forced, so WHY NOT?

UGH

Is this definitely happening? Or an assumption based on experience?

Job B surely? Unless I have missed something.
Maybe just that I am VERY LAZY and Job A means basically carrying on doing exactly what I'm doing now (for an unspecified limited amount of time, anyway) and it is easily the most cushty job I have had.

Maybe just that I am VERY LAZY and Job A means basically carrying on doing exactly what I'm doing now (for an unspecified limited amount of time, anyway) and it is easily the most cushty job I have had.

Could you go for Job A until they start changing the processes and then look for something else or is that too much upheaval?

Is this definitely happening? Or an assumption based on experience?
Well, the main thing is they want everyone to start using a different programming language (R) to the one we use now (SAS), because R is free. :rolleyes: They gave everyone training a few months ago and are encouraging people to start using it now, which I have managed to avoid so far. Their end goal is to totally replace SAS with R, but it remains to be seen if that is feasible. I have 20 years of SAS experience myself, and obviously my more senior colleagues have even more - they want to chuck ALL that expertise down the toilet?!

B!

Sounds like you don’t want the upheaval but it’s going to happen either way. So sounds like the second is better (unless all the money is suspicious)

I’ll be the first to say that job b sounds better in the long run

Well, the main thing is they want everyone to start using a different programming language (R) to the one we use now (SAS), because R is free. :rolleyes: They gave everyone training a few months ago and are encouraging people to start using it now, which I have managed to avoid so far. Their end goal is to totally replace SAS with R, but it remains to be seen if that is feasible. I have 20 years of SAS experience myself, and obviously my more senior colleagues have even more - they want to chuck ALL that expertise down the toilet?!
R is DEAD EASY. I moved my whole job from SAS to R when I joined my post. I wouldn't let that put you off a job at all.

OK I just had another call from the agent for Job B and it turns out they don't provide a laptop! U WOT M8! I think this might be a game changer. :gross:

But if the cost of the laptop is less than the difference in salary...

R is DEAD EASY. I moved my whole job from SAS to R when I joined my post. I wouldn't let that put you off a job at all.
I haven't spent 20 years becoming SAS QUEEN to dump it all for something EASY that every graduate already knows!

I haven't spent 20 years becoming SAS QUEEN to dump it all for something EASY that every graduate already knows!
Fair enough, but it feels to me like SAS is on the out. There are plans in my organisation to try and get rid entirely, so learning R before you have to might have its benefits.

I mean it's the principle as much as anything. Aren't they worried about security? :wired: If it's my personal laptop I can fill it with ANY OLD SHIT that could find its way onto their system.

Can’t you negotiate a laptop if you’re so reluctant to spend £400!!!?

I mean it's the principle as much as anything. Aren't they worried about security? :wired: If it's my personal laptop I can fill it with ANY OLD SHIT that could find its way onto their system.
No Moopy blocking internet filters though if you buy the laptop yourself.

Could you go for Job A until they start changing the processes and then look for something else or is that too much upheaval?
This is my CURRENT THINKING. If it all goes shit I can just move on again. Especially now I've confirmed that I'm fabulous and everyone wants my services :disco:

This is my CURRENT THINKING. If it all goes shit I can just move on again. Especially now I've confirmed that I'm fabulous and everyone wants my services :disco:

DON’T YOU FORGET IT!

Excellent commuting distance to Mile End also now you know EXACTLY WHERE IT IS!

Just buying some extra Euromillions tickets for tomorrow too so hopefully next week you'll all be invited to my retirement party in my £100m penthouse anyway x

Does anyone know of an online site that you can collect money for a gift? Rather than everyone giving 1 person cash to collect, I thought if we could have an online pot it would be easier

Does anyone know of an online site that you can collect money for a gift? Rather than everyone giving 1 person cash to collect, I thought if we could have an online pot it would be easier
Does Venmo work in the uk? It’s what I use

When I started my new job I was disheartened when I found out I no longer had FREE PARKING and my small wage increase pretty much went to zero again :D

(then the pandemic happened, so who cares now lol)

At work we just use Paypal, but that's paying someone directly rather than collecting a pot (if that matters?)

I can’t believe I had SUCH DREAMS when I was younger and now here I am, having to seriously deal with a complaint from someone who was OFFENDED because a doctor referred to their ARSE as their “POO END”.

31C1323B-9FD7-4701-9BA0-F2A231CC3822.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom