Tokyo 2020 - Day 11 (Tue 3rd August)

Amazing stuff from Karsten Warholm

Attachments

• CCB1F8A9-5227-4A1F-8557-61600537DED3.jpeg
    CCB1F8A9-5227-4A1F-8557-61600537DED3.jpeg
    858.4 KB · Views: 61
I guess we’ll be supporting the Italians in the Men’s team pursuit final. That Dane is a total cunt.

I can’t even begin to deal with Adam Gemili. It’s so sad. I do wonder what shape he was really in though- he’s been rubbish all season, though he does usually come good at the champs.

Karsten was crazy. Such a good race- the way he responded every time Benjamin made a move. Fantastic competitor. Just as the race kicked off, I thought “imagine if he runs 45.” and then laughed it off. Insane.

Looking forward to tonight- we must have a medal chance in the women’s 800. If we don’t get anything, I am seriously worried we’re not going to get anything at all. I’m hoping something crazy happens and we somehow sneak a gold, but that seems unlikely as I think Athing Mu has it sewn up.

I also think Flo Jo’s 200m record is under threat- Elaine Thompson’s 21.66 was jogging yesterday. I also think she’s taken a bucketload of drugs during lockdown and here we are…

Biles takes Bronze for Balance Beam. That Chinese 16 year old taking Gold looked about 9.

There have been rumours for decades that the Chinese have sent underage athletes in the gymnastics. I’m sure they were caught at the Sydney Olympics for it and had to hand back medals.

Howling at that poor bastard who broke the previous world record in the 400m hurdles and STILL only came second! :D You'd be GUTTED!

That 400 hurdles was crazy good, deserved a full house.

Looking forward to the 200 later, always felt 21.34 would be untouchable, let’s see how close ETH gets. 800 seems wide open though Athing has looked the best in qualies.

4th place in the 400m hurdles was from the British Virgin Islands - population ~30k - would have been the first ever medal for a territory not much larger than Cheadle Hulme.

The rock climbing is ace, it's so exciting how they FLY and making it a duel between two makes it even more so.

Is it staying for future events? I know sometimes they're just listed as "demonstratation" events but not entirely sure what that means.

The rock climbing is ace, it's so exciting how they FLY and making it a duel between two makes it even more so.

Is it staying for future events? I know sometimes they're just listed as "demonstratation" events but not entirely sure what that means.

Yes it’s returning in 2024 along with surfing and skateboarding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom