Tokyo 2020 - Day 14 (Fri 6th August)

Whilst that medals per capita site is very interesting, it does use a Mercator projection map and so is automatically untrustworthy.

2nd in heats, 2nd in semi final and 2nd in final. She's nothing if not consistent.

A metre lead on someone who is pretty much an also ran is all you can dream off but in fairness the Italian anchor ran pretty inspired.

A metre lead on someone who is pretty much an also ran is all you can dream off but in fairness the Italian anchor ran pretty inspired.

To be fair I think they said Tortu made the semis of the 100m, NMB didn't get out of heats in the 200m I think. Tortu looked like he had an amazing run on that leg too.

Tortu isn't an "also-ran", though. He was a semi-finalist and has a sub-10 PB. He was a fantastic junior and is taking time to transition. Nethaneel is not in any sort of shape this year, and, frankly, did better than I thought he would.

Gutted for them, though. Would have been amazing for them to win gold and so harsh to lose by that much.

Tortu isn't an "also-ran", though. He was a semi-finalist and has a sub-10 PB. He was a fantastic junior and is taking time to transition. Nethaneel is not in any sort of shape this year, and, frankly, did better than I thought he would.
Gutted for them, though. Would have been amazing for them to win gold and so harsh to lose by that much.
yes I sounded a bit harsh but he was “only” a semi finalist at this games and if you’re given the choice of having to beat someone from a metre up for gold you’d take him over the other possibilities in that event.

What an idiot. I feel for the others in the relay team who'll likely lose their medal.

Well thats shit.

If revoked, you might then say this has been GB's worst Olympics since 2008.

Ramps maybe.

I’m hoping for wide variety of bicycles (including tricycles and penny farthings) and a lottery system. They will still get 30 mins to get to know the bike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom