Tone Sekelius - My Way

and I got BIGGER! BETTER! SMARTER! *STOMP* *STOMP*

• Total voters

Penelope

I šta ćemo sad?
Pronouns
Any
OMG at how unexpectedly/movingly joyous this turned out? What a moment!

Last edited:
Definitely the best staged/shot of the night too. I'd have loved to have seen this on the Eurovision stage from a slightly more minor nation like, I don't know, SLOVENIA

I am looning over this this morning. The chorus is just so joyous. My mum messaged me to say it was her favourite and it led to a very informative/enlightening conversation with her about transgender issues, which is something she’s never really talked about before.

I like the song, it’s also great for SVT to finally have found an new updated face for our beloved Schlager genre!

This is proving to be such a hit in Sweden, amazingfor a song that's been collecting dust in a drawer for years.

Linda is also doing surprisingly well on Spotify.

Maybe Schlager isn't quite as dead as we thought?

I remember watching this a few weeks back and actually feeling a little bit sorry for her. She was swallowed up by the song and looked a bit like a rabbit in the headlights. I was happy for her that she scraped into the semi-final all things considered.

What a journey though. Tonight it totally earned its place in the line-up and felt like a proper finalist. So glad it did as well as it did.

I kinda loved this from day dot tbh. She’s so sweet and endearing - and gives it all. Plus the camera angles on the money note. Werk.

And i feel the song is being unfairly maligned on here- it is what it is granted but the character of her deep voice and the personality of the lyrics elevates it. And it’s catchy and cute and a perfect compliment to the aesthetic and her personal vibe that was clearly becoming voter magnet.

Definitely want her to come back but not with something too polished, it will lose all the sparkle of her breakthrough this year. I think she succeeded because of the song rather than in spite of it.

Love how this became the real little entry that could this year.

It's just so JOYOUS, and from the first heat to the finals via Andra Chansen, Tone really warmed into a delightful little performer. The crowd was so with her in the arena tonight.

This is the ULTIMATE glow up surely? The semi perf is insignificant compared to this :disco:

Other than Cornelia, this really felt like THE moment of this years contest. I do hope she comes back next year with something properly competitive.

I loved this. Such a warm performance and that vocal was rock solid - you never felt like she was in danger of missing a note.

Compare that with Run To The Hills... I wouldn't have minded hearing Tone give that a bash either!

I loved this. Such a warm performance and that vocal was rock solid - you never felt like she was in danger of missing a note.

Compare that with Run To The Hills... I wouldn't have minded hearing Tone give that a bash either!
It’s impressive how she got it all together in the end in spite of all her obstacles and difficulties.

Her transition messed with her voice so much that she’s taken a long break from singing before entering MF. According to reports her vocals and delivery were both shaky all the way up to the last dress rehearsal of her SF.

It’s impressive how she got it all together in the end in spite of all her obstacles and difficulties.

Her transition messed with her voice so much that she’s taken a long break from singing before entering MF. According to reports her vocals and delivery were both shaky all the way up to the last dress rehearsal of her SF.
Oh that makes it all the sweeter - I would never have known!

GOOD FOR HER :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom