Tori Amos - Ocean To Ocean

I’ve read a few raving about the song but I assume they’d be the same people who would lynch you for saying Promise isn’t a work of genius. They’ll all be at the gigs of course.

A few have been in between in the good but not without flaw category which probably lies closer to the truth.

Last edited:
Oooh
MY MAMA IS DEAD

Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under Guitar GIF by Shania Twain

You only know when you know this
How you’ll cope with your losses

:(

I just said that too, I’m liking it if not loving it yet. The vocals have forever changed it seems and I’m ok with that, time and touring have changed it though I’d love it if she could still wail. The guitar seems unnecessary and sounds so dated and it sounds like my Uncle Hugh having a go down in the garage. Overall I’m still looking forward to the album.

The vocals have forever changed it seems and I’m ok with that, time and touring have changed it though I’d love it if she could still wail.
I think I have this same issue. I still enjoy her voice but I am always just waiting for her to let go. She still does sometimes, it's just rare. I just wish she'd bring the key down a bit so she's not in such a high register all the time.

I'm enjoying the unexpected direction that the middle 8 goes in towards the end.

I think there is a good song buried somewhere in there, but those guitars are just not for me. I need more Reindeer King and less of this please.

1. Boys for Pele
2. Scarlet's Walk
3. The Beekeeper
4. from the choirgirl hotel
5. To Venus and Back
6. Little Earthquakes
7. Strange Little Girls
8. American Doll Posse
9. Under The Pink
10. Abnormally Attracted to Sin
11. Unrepentant Geraldines

12+ THE REST!

4fx73me0jvg51.jpg

Maybe we could do a lead single rank next now that we have Speaking With Trees. For a lot it would be a case of:

Mariah Carey History GIF by Apple Music

My 6:58 alarm just went off, golly gosh Tori, that's amazing. She did not let me down. The song is lush, calm and barking mad. Somehow she really has done it. Again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom