Tori Amos - Ocean To Ocean

FB_IMG_1631884907559.jpg

This is new to me. Hopefully the early songwriting reference for the new album (#sure) is more akin to the first four albums.

Hopefully there’s just traces of Tash on bvs as mentioned like sometimes there’s traces of nuts in food but you wouldn’t actually notice.

The premise of “hitting rock bottom and reinventing yourself” certainly reads well at least.

Hopefully Tori will manage to sign all the signed merch she’s charging extra for unlike what happened with the Christmas EP much to the chagrin of some.

I like all the things she’s been saying about this record except that she’s been absorbing and influenced by lots of music including jazz music through Oliver, her daughter’s boyfriend. Not here for jazz Tori.

I think she should do a Caramello Girls covers album to get those all important Scottish sales :disco:

ACHTUNG MULTIPLE FORMAT BUYERS: This is a serious question - what on earth do you do with them all when they arrive (and thereafter)? I’ve already lost all interest in my five signed Steps CDs and put them in a box

I think she should do a Caramello Girls covers album to get those all important Scottish sales :disco:

ACHTUNG MULTIPLE FORMAT BUYERS: This is a serious question - what on earth do you do with them all when they arrive (and thereafter)? I’ve already lost all interest in my five signed Steps CDs and put them in a box
I tend to give some away to friends/colleagues ('ordered by mistake' / 'Amazon sent two copies - I know crazy isn't it!!' / 'birthday/Christmas present but already had it' etc. etc. )

I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how many copies of Madame X have been DISINHERITED in that way..

Straight in the BIN

I tend to give some away to friends/colleagues ('ordered by mistake' / 'Amazon sent two copies - I know crazy isn't it!!' / 'birthday/Christmas present but already had it' etc. etc. )

I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how many copies of Madame X have been DISINHERITED in that way..
:D:D:D Oh nooooooo. In other words it all leads to a shocking tissue of lies :tongueout:

I was tempted with the H-signed Steps CD but wisely chose against it. To THINK that the CLARE one had sold out first!

I really should take care not to get overexcited by mentions of such bundles (e.g. Steps) when I see them online and instead keep my purse tightly zipped up, even if it was “only” twenty quid (plus P&P). ONE copy would have been perfectly fine and even then probably not played a great deal

I know I've already responded to this but :D at “ordered by mistake” in the case of Madame X

A LIKELY STORY :tongueout:

“Crazy isn’t it!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS AUNTIE NORMA”
It’s a tangled web we weave. I inexplicably bought three copies of the most recent Tiffany album, one at full price and then two at £2.99 in HMV’s sale. Realising this was completely wasteful one ended up as a “stocking filler” for my friend Claire. “Didn’t you used to like Tiffany? Yes you did. Here’s her new album which you will play in the car”. Fiona got the other one under the “they sent an extra copy” guise.

I’d still do it though it may be hard to find the two or so days needed for everyone to get through it. I do like a lot of that album to be fair.

Two things that are exciting me (relatively) about the new album is that she’s speaking about the songs on a personal level rather than referring to the muses which always rang warning bells with me and also that it is 47 minutes long. I’d still like the scrapped album too though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom