Tori Amos - Ocean To Ocean

Night of Hunters and that awful Midwinter Graces were the nadir for me. I know for most it was AATS but I love that album.

Last edited:
Tori Amos: the rankètté

1. Boys for Pele
2. from the choirgirl hotel
3. Little Earthquakes
4. Under the Pink
5. To Venus & Back
6. Scarlet's Walk
7. The Beekeeper
8. Native Invader
9. American Doll Posse
10. Abnormally Attracted to Sin
11. Unrepentant Geraldines
12. Strange Little Girls
13. Gold Dust
14. Night of Hunters
15. Midwinter Graces

Let's do this

and I don't need the light on
To guide ME through the Southern lands
I just go...

"The whole thing about "Siren" was I was asked to um, do this music to this film, Great Expectations. And um, when I saw the rough cut of the movie it was a bit of a different thing than it ended up to be. But point is, the scene that they asked me to do, um, when I first saw it, I was on the water and my concept of his character um, who was Ethan Hawke playing the part of -- they call it Finn in the movie. But it's Pip, right? That's the correct Great Expectations person. Anyway, I felt like those guys were on a boat fishing. And uh, they had had this grunge music there -- being a manly kind of thing and I'm like, screw that, that's ridiculous. If you're gonna do a manly thing on the water, go Polynesian, 800 years ago. Go into the sirens and do it correctly. I mean the Miller time and all the baited worms all this stuff from the great tackle shop -- blow that. Go and find the sirens, make your sacrifice, cut off a toe, do what you're supposed to. Be good guys. So I decided that it would make his character a bit more enriching if um, there was this mythological element of the sea creatures."

Umm ok

1. from the choirgirl hotel
2. Scarlet's Walk
3. Boys for Pele
4. To Venus and Back
5. The Beekeeper
6. Under The Pink
7. Native Invader
8. Little Earthquakes
9. American Doll Posse
10. Abnormally Attracted To Sin
11. Night of Hunters
12. Unrepentant Geraldines
13. Strange Little Girls
14. Midwinter Graces
15. Gold Dust

OBVS it changes with my mood

The Beekeeper is in an odd position as at the time it seemed so poor compared to what had come before but now seems pretty good compared to much of what followed.

Between her WHAT though?

Jamaica Inn walked into my Saab and she said, "You might not like my story because I'm not gonna tell you how it ends yet. You need to travel it with me and we're going to have to explore your deepest fears." What always stops me is betrayal. And what scares me is if I betray someone

I challenge anyone to bring up any artist ever with a stronger non-album / unreleased / B-side repertoire than this faerie Goddess Mother Lioness Queen.

A top 6 is very easy. Beyond that, not so much. I’ve never even listened to AATS :)

1. From The Choirgirl Hotel ALWAYS AND FOREVER
2. Little Earthquakes
3. Boys For Pele
4. To Venus And Back
5. Under The Pink
6. Strange Little Girls

I liked a few on American Doll Posse - in fact I love Bouncing Off Clouds - but the length of it was just swamping and fatiguing. My favourite Tori song ever is A Sorta Fairytale but I don’t ever bother to go beyond track 1 of Scarlet’s Walk. 74:09? NO

Go to bed
Dream instead
And you will find him, he's a merman to the knee
Doesn't need something you're not willing to give

Matthew_Shepard.jpg

Who could ever say you're not simply wonderful?
Who could ever harm you?

:(

I don't know if I have a favourite Tori song ever, and I know I've been going through my Top 50 meanderings for a while now. It changes a lot of the time.

One of the best.

We've been waiting for that legendary American Doll Posse syncette for a while now but @Iguana is being 'difficult'.
It was. It was an evening of revelations. Three or so of us were revealed to be colour blind, one of Ig or Tisch was on a chair deciphering a map and I managed to stage a Madonna Girlie Show Youtube intervention when trying to play the bonus material.

I think albums suffered IN GENERAL when people started churning out 70+ minute jobs. I mean call me a traditionalist but 40 MINUTES MAX THANKS

I think albums suffered IN GENERAL when people started churning out 70+ minute jobs. I mean call me a traditionalist but 40 MINUTES MAX THANKS
True but for most that was the result of the dying out of proper singles campaigns with b sides. I agree in general yet I’m also greedy and want everything.

And are their devils with halos
In beautiful capes
Taking them into the flames
Taking them into the FLAMES

I see that screen go down in the FLAMES
With every step
With every beautiful heel
Pointed
Hey, said.

• Love
Reactions: Zu

Users who are viewing this thread