Tori Amos - Ocean To Ocean

I think I’d like a band this time but it may be easier to organise a solo tour in the current climate.
Yes absolutely, she said she's had to cancel US tour dates twice already and so all arrangements for a band were cancelled, but she's hoping it'll be more than just get on stage.

The Queen Of Pop

1635277164998.png

I'm sure there are many wonderful songs in store (:)) but once again it pains me just a tad that this is almost certainly yet another Tori album which I won't bother with :(

Day 24: A Song That Reminds You Of Yourself

Do you ever feel like you walk in a room, and you don't know why, but you're just so uncomfortable you're crawling out of your skin, even though nobody's touched you, physically? That's in Concertina, when you feel like you haven't excavated enough of your different personalities that when one pops up, you're not sure where it came from, and you try to hack it out of yourself. It shocks you that you could have this kind of fault, or that other people could bring it out in you.

The Scotsman have given the album (and Lana’s for those Lana admirers here) a four star review, saying it’s her best in years but alas has to mention the words ‘Kate’ and ‘Bush’ in the review which is tired.

The Scotsman have given the album (and Lana’s for those Lana admirers here) a four star review, saying it’s her best in years but alas has to mention the words ‘Kate’ and ‘Bush’ in the review which is tired.

There was another review I read yesterday that also compared her again to Kate. And said it was her best work "since 2002's Little Earthquakes" 🤦

Haven't her past two albums been reviewed as 'her best in years'? And I'm sure that accolade was thrown about for Night Of Hunters too :basil:

Anyway PERCHED to hear it, although I don't love the band sound of the singles. Give me tortured piano ballads :cry:

Haven't her past two albums been reviewed as 'her best in years'? And I'm sure that accolade was thrown about for Night Of Hunters too :basil:

Anyway PERCHED to hear it, although I don't love the band sound of the singles. Give me tortured piano ballads :cry:
She'll forever be releasing her best album since Scarlet's Walk, just like every album is Alanis' best since Jagged Little Pill and every post-1980 album was Bowie's best since Scary Monsters. The curse of having a flawless opening run to your career!

I started the day playing Speaking With Trees, Suicide Is Murder (Aimee) and Just Like Old Times (Natalie). Not sure it was the best set up for the working day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom