Abnormally Attracted To Sin
Midwinter Graces
Night Of Hunters
Gold Dust
Unrepentant Geraldines
Native Invader

Ocean To Ocean

Ugh the Smokey JOE interpolations in 'Ocean to Ocean' though

Can you imagine if she sings bits of it live as well I will truly hyperventilate, possibly go into Status ASTHMATICUS and collapse on the floor right there.

And not that you asked but my tracklist is:

1. Addition of Light Divided
2. Devil's Bane (try it - it feels like it was intended to follow on from AoLD!)
3. Ocean To Ocean
4. Swim To New York State
5. Metal Water Wood (yes three water-related titles in a row. The album is called Ocean To Ocean FFS so of course!)
6. How Glass Is Made
7. Speaking With Trees
8. Flowers Burn To Gold (metal. water. wood. glass. trees. flowers. Yes they fit together)
9. Spies
10. 29 Years
11. Birthday Baby

And not that you asked but my tracklist is:

1. Addition of Light Divided
2. Devil's Bane (try it - it feels like it was intended to follow on from AoLD!)
3. Ocean To Ocean
4. Swim To New York State
5. Metal Water Wood (yes three water-related titles in a row. The album is called Ocean To Ocean FFS so of course!)
6. How Glass Is Made
7. Speaking With Trees
8. Flowers Burn To Gold (metal. water. wood. glass. trees. flowers. Yes they fit together)
9. Spies
10. 29 Years
11. Birthday Baby
Bop Of Life & alt-gay dance chart hit 'Spies' is buried in that tracklist. Hmm.. Not sure I approve of that. Nor will @AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaaA for that matter I'm [Fori voice] Shhhhuoooore[/Fori].

GTQN.gif

... Spies ... :disco:

Last edited:
A few Tori mildly hungover thoughts.

I’m still returning to this album on a consistent basis which seems like the first Tori album I’ve done so with in forever. I haven’t even tried Iguana’s even more relistenable (allegedly) track listing yet. I think this is because it’s very good clearly but also it’s the first album of hers I’ve actively discussed and built up to well in advance of it coming out, via this thread. I think this thread also made me the most open minded I’ve been to her in years in terms of accepting her voice is changed and that albums 1-6 are what they are and I shouldn’t be looking for repeats of previous glories.

I think I decided last night that ‘Spark’ may be the best song / video combo ever.

I played Cornflake Girl (upon request) to a gentleman caller last night after I’d said I was going to see her. They were unfamiliar with her and when they said “oh this came out a year before I was even born” I nearly threw them out.

Last edited:
My main take aways from the very fine interview.

1 “I don’t care what your fucking politics are”

2 A bit fumin’ that Tash’s boyfriend has heard the scrapped album and not me. I mean, who has been throwing money at you for the last 25 odd years Tori? Not fucking Oliver I BET.

3 I must revisit the ‘Boys For Pele’ #classicalbums reviews from back in the day as I don’t recall it being badly received. Maybe I paid no attention in my standom.

4 Nice throwback to Polly and Bjork in the mentions #iconsonly

5 she’s clearly read my comments about a Saturday night party mix for the tour as she’s interested in commissioning dance mixes. I feel seen.

6 There’s clearly more to the ‘Ballerina’ song background than covered and the slight tabloid part of me is vaguely interested in more.

Oh Pele was for sure massacred at the time of release. I remember the scathing reviews by misogynistic UK press!

I enjoyed watching this random HD upload of a 2015 SWISS GIG the other day :D She appears to be playing to the ENTIRE COUNTRY, most of which are sat at cabaret tables, with a small amount of SWISS LOONS flailing around the front :D

It's quite an obscure setlist too (she plays DIGITAL GHOST as the second to last song :D), so I'm assuming Tori was feeling a bit GRUMPY that day and decided to troll her audience by playing whatever the hell she liked :disco:

The setlist, which is almost completely lacking ANY hits :disco:
00:00 : Bliss 03:45 : Beauty of Speed 09:14 : China 14:34 : Amber Waves 19:46 : Floating City (Y Kant Tori Read song) 25:48 : Graveyard 27:04 : Crucify 34:09 : Wednesday 37:07 : The Waitress 41:29 : Cruel / Sweet Sangria / Unrepentant Geraldines 47:28 : Mountain ("Star Whisperer" bridge) 52:14 : Digital Ghost 56:15 : Talula

I enjoyed watching this random HD upload of a 2015 SWISS GIG the other day :D She appears to be playing to the ENTIRE COUNTRY, most of which are sat at cabaret tables, with a small amount of SWISS LOONS flailing around the front :D

It's quite an obscure setlist too (she plays DIGITAL GHOST as the second to last song :D), so I'm assuming Tori was feeling a bit GRUMPY that day and decided to troll her audience by playing whatever the hell she liked :disco:

The setlist, which is almost completely lacking ANY hits :disco:
00:00 : Bliss 03:45 : Beauty of Speed 09:14 : China 14:34 : Amber Waves 19:46 : Floating City (Y Kant Tori Read song) 25:48 : Graveyard 27:04 : Crucify 34:09 : Wednesday 37:07 : The Waitress 41:29 : Cruel / Sweet Sangria / Unrepentant Geraldines 47:28 : Mountain ("Star Whisperer" bridge) 52:14 : Digital Ghost 56:15 : Talula

Oh bloody hell I need to watch this as soon as humanly possible. What a setlist!

Although I'm not sure you can call a setlist with Crucify in it COMPLETELY lacking in hits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom