Travis - Sing

Err, sing?

• Total voters

Inner Smile

Moopy Diamond
Can't find a SINGLE Travis thread on here so not sure how this one will go down :eyes:

I don't know alot of their stuff but Sing is a LOVELY track 😍 and makes me all nostalgic for the early 00s when music was much better. 'Turn' is another fave too

I love the bizzare video too

A lot of their stuff really is anodyne bollocks, but I do think Turn and Re-Offender are both lovely songs.

Keane did it better, TBH.

A bit by-the-numbers but the video is great fun.

Impromptu Travis top 5.

5. Sing
4. Turn
3. Writing To Reach You
2. Driftwood
1. Flowers in the Window

Never liked them, althought weirdly this one has some nice production, ruined by an absolutely tragic chorus. It's a firm no from me.

"The Invisible Band" is one of the most unfairly underrated albums of our times - it is chock-full of unusual, deeply moving songs. But the singles didn't reflect that. Listen to Dear Diary, Indefinitely and The Humpty Dumpty Love Song and then come back to me.

Travis Top 5

1. Re-offender
2. Driftwood
3. Dear Diary
4. The Humpty Dumpty Love Song
5. Blue Flashing Light

Yes DC, I LOVE Side.

And Turn. Some of the rest is ok but I couldn’t imagine sitting through more than a random song by them.

Always had a soft spot for this one, largely due to the BANJO, and Side. Lovely jangly guitars.

"The Invisible Band" is one of the most unfairly underrated albums of our times - it is chock-full of unusual, deeply moving songs. But the singles didn't reflect that. Listen to Dear Diary, Indefinitely and The Humpty Dumpty Love Song and then come back to me.
A bit late to this thread but I agree entirely. Listening to it again now (new vinyl reissue) and it sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom