Trojan Horse Podcast

Beverley

GUESS WHO’S BACK?!
Hi ladies

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/podcasts/trojan-horse-affair.html

I almost NEVER post threads (to avoid people like @Pingu digging them up and trying to grave me), so when I do it has to count for something. I just finished listening to the BRILLIANT Trojan Horse podcast by Brian Reed, who was the co-host and creator of the 'S-town' podcast, which basically invented the murder mystery podcast (IDK for sure, this is the first podcast I've listened to, including my own). I felt compelled to post about it.

'Trojan Horse' is basically an investigation into the anonymous letter received by Birmingham City Council that there was an 'Islamist' plot to takeover local schools in the area. I am not kidding when I say that this letter had profound, profound consequences for the way British society operates today.

Has anyone else heard of it/indulged? Apparently it had 15 million downloads in the first three weeks of being released. @ZenGiraffe likes it, I know.

I'm going to tag people I think might be interested: @Kratz @Peekaboo @Penelope @VoR @Suomi @Sheena @Ag @Tetris-Rock @Floppet @the pleasure principal @funky @RJN

Last edited:
I think I’ve heard about this, and I should probably listen to podcasts that aren’t about just pop culture and us politics (which make me angry anyway) so I’ll listen!

Thanks @Beverley - I think I have heard this trailed on another podcast, and am familiar with the basics of the story, will give it a listen.

Yes, I listened to this about a month ago and I loved it, even if it felt a little contrived at points in terms of the order in which they reveal info to create twists.

It's also got a very interesting sub plot about journalism itself which I found equally fascinating. I definitely recommend it.

I already have one!

What do you think I should do the next one about?
Shall we?

tumblr_muw5jwkGW71s9l6yxo2_r1_250.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom