UK Charts / Midweeks 2022

She does have a wider fanbase post folklore/evermore. I was generally happy to pick up her albums as and when before those.

Evermore was released without physicals though. I think it will be somewhat close, but Taylor will take it.

Now I think about it, was not only the vinyl that was delayed? I'm pretty sure I bought a CD the week evermore came out?

According to Wikipedia

Evermore was released on December 11, 2020, two days before Swift's 31st birthday, to digital music and streaming platforms only.[64] It is a "sister album" to Folklore, which was launched less five months prior; both of them are surprise albums announced 16 hours prior to their midnight releases.[65][66] Evermore marked the second time Swift abandoned her long, traditional album rollout.[67]

The CDs were released on December 18, 2020.[68] The bonus tracks of Evermore deluxe edition, "Right Where You Left Me" and "It's Time to Go", which were formerly physical-exclusive, were released to streaming services on January 7, 2021.[54] Cassette tapes and vinyl LPs of Evermore were released on February 21, and May 28, 2021, respectively.

72k is a shitload for streaming and download only. And I imagine streaming was the vast majority of that.

Ahhh, OK. I must have bought the CD the following week and my memory is now too scabby to prise them apart.

Swift 140k
AM 105k

which already makes her the fastest selling album of the year. Previously Harry Styles with 113k for the week.

Wow those are massive figures. She did 8k to their 3k or so yesterday, so I’ll assume she has it in the bag.

Wow those are massive figures. She did 8k to their 3k or so yesterday, so I’ll assume she has it in the bag.
Yes, unless some figures are being held back, she's got it in the bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom