Ukraine 2022: Kalush Orchestra - Stefania

Oh HOW EXCITING!

(Her’s was the only song I listened to so I PRESUME it was the best).

Have some of THAT PUTIN! 🇺🇦

I can see that winning with a fair wind

Have some of THAT PUTIN! 🇺🇦

I can see that winning with a fair wind
I don’t think it’s QUITE a winner but if there’s a lot of sympathy towards Ukraine come May I can see them doing very well.

Interesting fact tweeted by OOMF who has a locked account.

'Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors' is also the title of Sergei Parajanov's 1965 film or 'ethnographic spectacle' set in a Hutsul village of Western Ukraine. It was also cited by Ruslana as a key inspiration behind her stage show for Wild Dances, and is considered to be the most internationally heralded Ukrainian film in history.

The more I listen to this the more enamoured I am of it. Incredibly powerful.

I can't imagine anybody - the EBU or Ukraine's national broadcaster - will want to deal with the headache of this winning. But it's hard to imagine anything other than a huge sympathy vote going their way.

If things really go TITS UP in the next few months I’d love this to win with an incredibly POWERFUL perf.

This will be my favourite Ukrainian winner if she makes it to Italy.

I wonder IF they win and IF it all goes to shit later, where will it be hosted? I’m always curious about backup plans.

I know Germany was always fingered when talking about Australia winning, I wonder if there’s like the perennial standins

I suppose it depends on how early/late it‘s moved? Say SHUM won last year, I’d imagine at this point the EBU would have just flung it at Germany/Sweden etc.

IF they won this year then I’d imagine it’d be a straight NO over the summer and they’d probably offer it to the 2nd/3rd placer etc.

Yeah - agreed - a short notice change would go to a safe pair of hands, so Sweden, UK, Germany, but there’s probably a few options if it was very obvious that Kiev could not host / EBU wasn’t willing to take the risk even a year out. Somebody who hadn’t hosted before might be keen to volunteer.

Easily the best entry so far. The background with the film on Ukrainian identity, the spoken word stuff, all of this is wonderful Eurovision stuff :disco:

This is going to WIN.

You heard it here for the first (and possibly, only) time.

711DAAF5-6936-45FD-8364-58B611BA0EA8.jpeg

If this one from Cloudless wants some comfort following Alina’s win, I can be free all day

I can see this winning too, it's very powerful as a performance and the presentation invokes emotions, I just wish it was a little better to my liking as a song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom