Ukraine 2022: Kalush Orchestra - Stefania

VoR

Take it or leave it
So the odds of poor beleaguered Ukraine actually getting to Eurovision this year are probably tentative at best, but nevertheless the 8 finalists for Vidbir 2022 have been announced

Alina Pash - Тіні забутих предків

Cloudless - All Be Alright

Kalush Orchestra - Stefania

Laud - Head Under Water

Michael Soul - Demons

Our Atlantic - Моя Любов

Roxolana - GIRLZZZZ

Wellboy - Nozzy Bossy

Four of them are already out:

Whether stuff like I'll Be Alright wins feels likely to be the marker of whether 2022 ends up being a Måneskin landfill contest or not.

I can see that doing VERY WELL (if Ukraine actually make it to Turin this year :()

• Wow
Reactions: D5K
I'm not sure what that means, but this is the second-favourite. Bit of a racket but I think I like it. Prefer Alina though.

I can see that doing VERY WELL (if Ukraine actually make it to Turin this year :()
I don't see why they won't and I expect there will be an extra impetus to be in Turin from Kiev government (even Yugoslavia made it mid-break up for its swan song in 1992). I expect it may be more likely that Russia isn't there, depending how the next few weeks pan out.

The selection is, as ever, excellent.

(even Yugoslavia made it mid-break up for its swan song in 1992)

Albeit at a time when it was Yugoslavia in name only, three weeks before the UN ban it from international competitions, and a month before being chucked out of the EBU.

The EBU are such cowards - they shouldn’t have been allowed on stage.

Albeit at a time when it was Yugoslavia in name only, three weeks before the UN ban it from international competitions, and a month before being chucked out of the EBU.

The EBU are such cowards - they shouldn’t have been allowed on stage.
Good point but hopefully we won't see Ukraine thrown out - it is hard to imagine why it would be. It's not impossible to see Russia being banned or opting not to turn up, depending on how the next few weeks pan out.

The EBU are far too cowardly to ban Russia.
I imagine it would be far more likely to come about in a similar way to Belarus, where it's more a collective decision to throw the nation out of the EBU because of a particular action and the Eurovision ban occurring incidentally, rather than a specific decision to bar them from Eurovision.

At this rate it will probably be Putin on the panel in a Jamala wig.

Well yes she did even if it did cost us brave Maruv

A country has never been invaded halfway through a national final before, has it?

This has just started. Performances should be done by 7 UK time, invasion depending

Amazing how confused panicked TV presenting is something that transcends language

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom