United Kingdom 2022: Sam Ryder - SPACE MAN

WHADDYA THINK?

• Total voters
Is it always like this?
I don’t mean the national anthem including WHOAAAA YEAH!!!
I mean how American it all felt?

I wondered when he was going to stop dining out on Spaceman (spoiler: he won't)

I can't believe how much airplay Space Man is still getting. It's almost at Daniel Powter - Bad Day levels of saturation at this point.

Where is it on the airplay charts this week?

It dropped out of the UK top 40 last week, I assume ACR kicked in. Either way good timing to move on.

Same title as Michael Rice's follow-up single

I just listened to Michael Rice’s “Somebody” and it’s awful. I saw he recently attempted to do a song with a TikTok dance which also sadly flopped.

Sam is mates with Scott Mills (Radio 1/2), Zoe Ball (Radio 2), Rylan Clarke (Radio 2), Matt & Molly (Radio 1), Graham Norton (Virgin Radio), Jimmy Hill (Capital FM), etc. The BBC Entertainment Exec. (Head of the UK 2022 Eurovision) loves Sam and said he would happily book him onto TV shows to promote his music (this was before the grand final). Connections are important in this industry what else can I say.

They haven’t played Rosa Linn - SNAP at all which is surprising. Maybe her label are interested in pushing it to other countries.

Sam, Sigala and David Guetta premiered their song in Ibiza on Monday btw.

Last edited:
Has enough time passed for it to be ok to admit he's actually quite annoying?
He always has been. As a TikTok celebrity his whole selling point is his personality. He manages to be both over the top and boring at the same time, which is quite something.

What surprised me is how he’s actually in his 30s when I thought he was early 20s based on the way he acts.

He’s a great singer but ultimately he doesn’t have much else going for him.

That newer single came on in the supermarket yesterday and it gave me Ed Sheeran / Sam Smith emotions of where is the nearest exit

Aural dishwater

I hope so because you know what?

I agree

It’s just a side effect of ‘being extra’ becoming a desirable personality trait instead of just getting on people’s tits like they used to

Half the country has come second in Eurovision. You can’t throw a stone without hitting Michael Ball or one of the New Seekers.
Even I’ve come second in Eurovision - if you look closely I am the absent element in Imaani’s Where Are You?
I was hiding under Dawn Martin’s silvery trenchcoat

I was a staunch member of the Sam Defence League and loved him but actually I now find the constant loud cheeriness (which was fine for Eurovision season as it’s exactly what we needed) quite grating and lacking in light and shade. I sense a dark past of some sort (probably of the mind or a fondness for some substance or another) and his trying to cover it all up with relentless grinning and repeatedly going on about SINGING MY HEAD OFF and feeling STOKED feels terribly inauthentic and I suspect puts people off, hence recent singles descending into floppage

Space Man is in the new Netflix film The School for Good and Evil and the song has made Shazam charts as far as Australia and Thailand in less than 24hrs.

I was a staunch member of the Sam Defence League and loved him but actually I now find the constant loud cheeriness (which was fine for Eurovision season as it’s exactly what we needed) quite grating and lacking in light and shade. I sense a dark past of some sort (probably of the mind or a fondness for some substance or another) and his trying to cover it all up with relentless grinning and repeatedly going on about SINGING MY HEAD OFF and feeling STOKED feels terribly inauthentic and I suspect puts people off, hence recent singles descending into floppage
Darling I knew you'd COME ROUND in the end!

I’ve met people at recovery groups who present in a similar way. THE MINUTE I PUT THE DRINK DOWN, MY LIFE WAS INSTANTLY AMAZING, etc.

Actually you have to go through hell as most of your social structure and reference points collapse but let’s not dwell :)

Oh no darling I wasn't INSINUATING. Just remarking on a WORRISOME combination of UNPLEASANT BEARD, INANE GRIN and A SUSPICIOUSLY UPBEAT NATURE

Poor Sam. I can't say I've paid much attention to his personality as that would mean watching things he's on.

He doesn't seem like the most obvious popstar. I'm sure he can just do musicals can't he?

Or maybe he can represent us again :) Oh god that feels all too possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom