United Kingdom 2022: Sam Ryder - SPACE MAN

WHADDYA THINK?

• Total voters
Nah.... :D :D . UK wise yes, he'll probably get more mileage out of this than anyone post Katrina, but Internationally I expect things to be more limited.
Suspect he can also have a portfolio career in the UK - he is perfect for television.

He’s done pretty well to cling on since the last update since his lead was already down to triple figures
His lead wasn’t “down” to triple figures… he was 2k behind on the previous update and then jumped 980 ahead.

Moved up to A-List on Radio 1.

FaceApp_1653052099462.jpg

Really fantastic to see them not just wash their hands of it post-Eurovision.
I'd add that irrespective of the great result last week, the post Eurovision success(a hit, radio support, gigs) is probably just as if not MORE important in terms of other credible acts being persuaded to come forward for 2023.

Still at #4 today, which bodes well for it not to totally collapse next week.
On the face of it, but probably also worth pointing out that other than Kendrick Lamar he's the only act in the top ten who is losing streams daily. All the others increased yesterday, and have over the week. His rate of decline does appear to be slowing at least, though.

Sam has lost 40% of streams since his high point on 15th. Harry Styles, Lizzo and Jack Harlow have all increased theirs. In terms of number of streams, he's as far from Styles now as he is from the #85 position. It's much tighter below him than above.

Down to #14 on Apple music, although that's entirely due to Harry Styles, so presumably Spotify will follow that on the latest update - and obviously only three of those will be able to chart.

He's still way ahead on iTunes, but all versions now seems to be in decline.

I guess the two big things to consider are whether the Radio 1 A listing translates to more sales, and if he'll now be on any Spotify playlists which will help stop the decline.

Given the platform of the night and the result, I’m fully expecting to to be a chart run of diminishing returns, and rightly so. I just hope for a slow slide down (like a typical new Taylor Swift single that has a huge first week due to the fanbase) rather than a huge collapse.

If he can remain at #5-#10 this week that’d be fantastic.

Given the platform of the night and the result, I’m fully expecting to to be a chart run of diminishing returns, and rightly so. I just hope for a slow slide down (like a typical new Taylor Swift single that has a huge first week due to the fanbase) rather than a huge collapse.

If he can remain at #5-#10 this week that’d be fantastic.
I'm not sure that's gonna happen. Doesn't Harry Styles have like the entire top 15 on spotify?

I'm not sure that's gonna happen. Doesn't Harry Styles have like the entire top 15 on spotify?
Only three of them can chart though. It may make top 5 a push, but I don't think top 10 is out of the question.

Ooh I didn't know that! Hopefully he can hold on to the top 10 at least then :)

And sure enough he's down to #17 on Spotify UK today. He's also fallen behind Dave's Starlight.

Where do you guys get your Spotify chart info from?
Not Spotify itself right?

And sure enough he's down to #17 on Spotify UK today. He's also fallen behind Dave's Starlight.

Great result so far, that’ll be #7 with Harry’s tracks removed that won’t chart. Still #1 on iTunes and #10 on Apple, so should be looking at remaining top ten.

#4 in the first midweeks. He'll drop throughout the week obviously but I'd say another week in the top 10 is a done deal.

Easy I’d say. He was still #6 on Apple on #7 on Spotify (ignoring any Harry track below the top three) for Saturday, so also being #1 on iTunes still should means he will happily remain top ten.

The Eurovision Song Contest final was the UK’s most-watched TV programme of the year so far, figures show.

An average 9.3 million people saw BBC One’s coverage of the four-hour spectacular in Turin earlier this month, which ended in an emotional victory for Ukraine, with Sam Ryder claiming second place for the UK.

This was just enough to beat the 9.2 million who saw the final episode of BBC One thriller The Tourist, which aired in January.

Impressive and apparently the results peaked at something ludicrous, like an 80% share.

It’s always been a hit, even in the lowest of years, but that bodes well.

...and it was up against Britain's Got Talant. Shit of course, but still the biggest show on TV.

No, children, I screamed. We’re watching BRITAIN GOT TALUNT and that’s the end of it. CALL SOCIAL SERVICES AND GET FUCKED IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT

He's still on the Radio 1 A-list this week, which I would say is a big mark of faith. His Jubilee booking probably didn't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom