US conflict with Iran 2020 + Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe comes home

Not where @Phoenix lives, though (he adds hastily, noticing that he’s looking at the thread). Or is he in Canada?

I’m in Canada now, but I’d prefer if the Middle East didn’t get nuked.

Well, that's us FUCKED. Retaliation from Iran on US bases, it seems.

Like Trump's going to hold back. Aw well, at least I'm too old to get drafted.

apparently he's been tweeting "all is good" as there have been no casualties.

i think he sees it as them coming across weak (i mean a proportionate response would be to kill the highest-ranking us military official) and another couple of contracts to rebuild the damage.

Its a bit odd that the Iranian response is something fairly weak, and that theyve then come out and said ‘thats it’

Or have I been smoking too much weed?

Well, I hope there are no casualties but I don't trust a word he says.

Its a bit odd that the Iranian response is something fairly weak, and that theyve then come out and said ‘thats it’

it does appear so. i certainly anticipated something more serious when they said their response would be proportionate.

for the sake of things calming down i honestly hope this is it but there's bound to be a lot more happening under the surface.

Why? They have nothing to win from an escalated conflict. The main goal would be to get the Americans out of Iraq, which they now seem to achieve. Or even better to force the Americans to re-open a deal with Iran.

Seemingly. Ukraine have put out a statement blaming engine failure, which seems quite quick. They probably don’t want to get dragged in. :D

Is it a recent thing that world leaders take to Twitter to rile each other up? Seeing Trump tweet things they affect the whole world makes me cringe.

They've been doing it since the world went potty in around 2016. I'm still not convinced I'm not in a coma imagining everything as some of it is just surreal

I never imagined, when typing "tweet tweet" for the first time and probably posting a picture of my dinner, that this silly little internet shitposting service would end up a platform for international diplomacy

So they have let off 2 missiles and that is it? Or is this more than likely just for starters? :(

America now saying that Iran show down that plane.

Not sure how it took this long.

Oh dear.

Have Iran said it was them or are America just pointing the finger?

they were aiming for pluto? or they inadvertently hit the button mid-hiccup?

Yeah the missiles fired at the military base were 50m off target yet they managed to fire accidentally directly at a moving plane?

Between this and the funeral, they’ve killed way more Iranians than the US.

Obviously something’s fishy about this whole thing, but I don’t have the foggiest WHATS going on.

Presumably World War 3 isn’t happening now :(

Never mind, best stock up on Fray Bentos anyway. Sorry @Lucille darling but I’ve already cleared all the shelves from E1 to N16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom