Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ---

• ---

• ---

• Total voters
I'm generally wary of calculations like this one but, nevertheless, this is a delightful thought...

The lack of dignity of these people is out of this world

Reactions: RJN
That image is actually grossing me out. Rudy Giuliani could have gone down as a hero to many Americans (but NOT ME) but instead he's turned into this mess. It would be more sad if he didn't deserve it so much

Legend has it that Rudy Giuliani’s fake tan is still running down his face.

Who are the likely Republican candidates? FUMMING that Biden is set on running for a second term.

Trump, Ron desantos, josh Hawley, other people I can’t think of. They’re all despicable

We also have the inevitable shitshow that will be the midterms next year. :eyes:

Part of me hopes Trump runs again because I think he'd massively motivate left wing voters who might otherwise be apathetic. But obviously that could backfire in the most terrifying way imaginable.

Oh god I forgot about the MIDTERMS :zombie:

I worry the Virginia election was a BAD OMEN for next year

I’m still feeling ok about the midterms (and good about Georgia). I know Virginia was bad but there’s some time to recover and for the republicans to do something crazy

On the plus side they got their Infrastructure bill through today, but at the cost of pushing back the Build Back Better bill, which I worry Manchin, Sinema and co will continue to filibuster well into next year. :zombie:

Reactions: RJN
I just worry considering how close the house was last year and how the senate is literally 50/50 :D

is any Western democracy more politically R-worded than the US?

how can it possibly be that despite having control of the House and the Senate, the system is so stacked in favour of the Republicans that they have the ability to simply redraw the voting map to guarantee key victories in the midterms? why isn't there a neutral/indepedent body ensuring that redistricting isn't being used as a political weapon (by a party not even in power)?

how can it possibly be that despite having control of the House and the Senate, the system is so stacked in favour of the Republicans that they have the ability to simply redraw the voting map to guarantee key victories in the midterms? why isn't there a neutral/indepedent body ensuring that redistricting isn't being used as a political weapon (by a party not even in power)?

Because the Republicans control most state governments, and the state governments get to make the maps. I agree that its fucked, but the party that has the president and congress doesn't have any say in redistricting.

the whole system is literally designed to prevent progress or stop anything getting done. it's beyond embarrassing.

must be so miserable to live there and know that within 18 months of your party getting into power they'll lose what tiny ability they have to do anything for you.

Well it was designed to give states more power, since they saw themselves as independent entities in the 18th century. But its an outdated relic now, and slows down progress, and yes, is embarrassing

must be so miserable to live there and know that within 18 months of your party getting into power they'll lose what tiny ability they have to do anything for you.
Yes and no. Federally, it does suck of course, but on a day to day level, state and local government have a lot of power. Even if (when :() the Republicans gain control federally, most Americans will still live in places controlled by Democrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom