Utada Hikaru - BADモード New Album OUT NOW

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
Monarch Utada has confirmed their tenth studio album will be released in Spring 2022 :disco:

SCANT details at the moment, but so far is has been confirmed that the following tracks have made the cut:
・One Last Kiss (from Evangelion)
・Find Love
・君に夢中 (Kimi ni Muchuu)
・Face My Fears (from Kingdom Hearts 3)
・Time
・PINK BLOOD

君に夢中 (Kimi ni Muchuu) appears to be a new single out in a few weeks. Find Love seems to only exist as a SNIPPET used for a commercial at the moment.
誰にも言わない (Dare nimo iwanai) conspicuous in its absence though - it would be a bit funny to leave that off, not least because I remember some Moopers squirting for it last year. Not as if it's too old; Face my fears was out in 2019!

More details are expected to be revealed next month.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: COB
Oh! "Utada will also be performing a “streaming concert” to commemorate the album’s release, with filming for video to be incorporated into the event already taking place in London, where the singer currently resides."

I wonder if any of you could make it? :o

can we update the title to BAD MODE?

it's out NOW!

7 and 12 minute songs :D standard tracklist is 59 minutes. generous queen!

guys Hikki uses "they/them" now. 😘

and yeah the pre-singles were pretty diverse so I'm excited to dive in! and very excited for a version of Face My Fears without that ludicrous Skrillex drop!

I believe it's she or they actually! There was an official staff tweet about the album that used "she" the other day :o

Most of these songs WERE singles :D I did see a BADモード video pop up a week ago, but didn’t end up posting here after some flop new singles threads

I was wrong, the single’s video I saw was only a teaser, but the full video debuted about 20 minutes ago :o

A sultry bop! I mean she does sort of get into jazzy noodling a bit too much for my taste, but I was genuinely a bit shocked at some of the lyrics.

About splitting a Diazepam or rolling a spliff, the singing “hope I don’t fuck it up”

NOT what I expected from a Japanese artist as famous as her. But she’s left Japan, she’s said she’s non-binary, I think the old Utada can’t come to the phone now. Why? Cos she’s dead UH!!

shit! the title track is boppy as hell!

I actually love their jazzy flourishes. this song is insanely well produced. I feel like I'm in an obscure arthouse movie from 1992.

in fact instantly feels like the best new song of '22 so far. it's almost giving me KM94 vibes...

Last edited:
TBH after the last few comebacks were a bit SCANT, One Last Kiss was a lovely return to form. But it doesn’t seem like that’s the direction she’s likely to continue in.

I'm always down for a Spoti adventure but cba with YouTube!

good lord, Not in the Mood when it becomes a trip-hop banger at the end :o you can tell they took their time with this and didn't just throw a few extras together to make an album after the singles. it feels like a complete work with a very defined mood running through it.

Darenimo Iwanai was already a good single but really comes alive in the context of the albun. ugh the woodwind!!! :disco:

I just re-loaded ‘Somewhere Near Marseille’, 12 minutes wasn’t enough!!!

i just edited my pronoun for NUFFINK! THANKS @Jark :D
not to doubt miss @COB but from what I've read it's they/them, not she/they! but i can't find a definitive source on this so...

anyway Find Love just came on and I do believe I shit myself. that beat? fully English lyrics? Hikki said I'LL GIVE THE GAYS EVERYTHING THEY WANT.

Marseilles goes on a bit for me. but all of the new tracks are major moments. I'm very gooped.

Doesn’t go on long enough :disco: You just need to melt into the moment and let it take you to heaven!

• Love
Reactions: COB
Doesn’t go on long enough
:disco:
You just need to melt into the moment and let it take you to heaven!
The ultimate MOOD PIECE!

Whoops, Utada didn’t Beyoncé us, the digital release was announced almost 2 weeks ago ☺️ must have been a change of schedule, they definitely said Spring before, and the physical isn’t out until Feb 23

Anyway I’m off to bed, but I’m very pleased that there’s a new Japanese album out and Moopy are listening without me bugging them <3

(Only wish they would do it when I DO bug them)

I hadn’t kept up with the already released tracks besides One Last Kiss, so I’m adoring this, what a glorious and sultry record.

Anyway I’m off to bed, but I’m very pleased that there’s a new Japanese album out and Moopy are listening without me bugging them <3

(Only wish they would do it when I DO bug them)
the problem is all those other bitches are not Utada!

Utada is a Bimini stan and really giving the gays everything by claiming she should’ve won.

F6D4DF3C-A485-4168-AEB8-1DE52341A050.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom