Utada Hikaru - BADモード New Album OUT NOW

there's a version on Spotify now with English commentary for each song. listening now. she starts off by apologising because the dryer is running in the background. :disco:

this commentary is as long as the album itself btw so perhaps for the stans only. make a cup of tea and buckle up :D

the title track is my favourite of the new stuff, I'm really into it. it's so joyous and carefree.

Marseilles goes on a bit for me

UXu.gif

@ this horrific opinion :zombie:

Hikki hunties, I think they're about to have a bit of a moment!

Pitchfork have added Somewhere Near Marseille to their Selects playlist. album review is incoming. NPR have published a discussion piece with them and there's a Zane Lowe interview for Apple being teased.

Find Love is also in their Spotify top 5 now, and being a banger sung all in English might keep it growing. the title track is streaming really well. I just LOVE TO SEE IT! HIKKI UP. :disco:

I've always been a stan for Heart Station but I kind of didn't expect that another album would hit that way. :disco:

The album keeps giving.

Album rate off the top of my head.

Exodus
Deep River
Bad Mode
Fantome
Hatsukoi
Distance
Ultra Blue
This Is The One
First Love
Heart Station

Sunday hangover viewing sorted!

can I say I'm obsessed with how NORMAL she is? every interview gives the impression of somebody with zero ego who is just living her life and making excellent music based on her experiences. it seems cathartic for her. I love it.

I found the studio 'gig' she did has made its way online. It's VERY good. I like a few of the leftfield choices in the setlist. :disco:

OMG thank you SO MUCH :disco: I MAY have used a YouTube downloader to store my own version of this on my laptop for when this upload inevitably gets REMOVED :eyes:

It really is a talent to basically just STAND BEHIND A MIC for just under an hour and barely move, yet still be completely compelling :disco:

Hotel Lobby could almost make me WEEP. One of her best ever songs that's also a BIT of a deep cut, performed so well :disco:
I love that Exodus seems to be getting a re-appraisal as a result of Bad Mode's release. So good, and so ahead of its time :disco:

this live vocal on Find Love from the set Bev posted is so good :o

their control! :disco: loving Face My Fears too (which I think is actually such a highlight of this album)

A live special for this album has popped up on Netflix - it looks like those little live videos posted around the album launch, but conveniently glue together.

Doesn’t seem to be anything other than that, there’s no talking.

Quite a nice video but the song feels a bit of a step back to something from Ultra Blue or Heart Station?

song still needs to grow (I do of course enjoy the trademark AG Cook beat switch) but the video is totally hypnotic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom