Vangelis DEAD

Fun fact, he's going out with my mate whose brother turned into Veronica Green on Drag Race UK.
Aawww! Me and Vangelis used to be friends a few years back when I lived in London. We lost touch when I fell down my first major rabbit hole of addiction. He had a boyfriend then. Is it the same guy?

Aawww! Me and Vangelis used to be friends a few years back when I lived in London. We lost touch when I fell down my first major rabbit hole of addiction. He had a boyfriend then. Is it the same guy?
Was his boyfriend called Tony? Looked a bit like Victoria Beckham? Strong Rochdale accent?

I'm only familiar with him because of the Blade Runner soundtrack, which is - I think it goes without saying - a fucking MASTERPIECE.

Genuinely surprised at the strong reaction to this on Twitter - turns out a whole heap of experimental heads adore this guy's 60s-70s work. Seems to have inspired a lot of people along the way, bless 'im.

He is (was :( ) an EXTREMELY UNDERRATED composer, able to CREATE A MOOD like very few others, hence all his film soundtrack work.

I love the Antarctica album, one of my go-to albums for getting in the zone.

The Blade Runner score is incredible and I frequently give it a play. If you can get hold of the 2 hour bootleg Esper Edition, grab it :disco:

Themes is the best album to get a feel for his film stuff (Blade Runner is represented there twice :D).

1653037295224.png

There's also the Jon & Vangelis collaboration which gave us the original version of "State Of Independence" plus 80s staple "I'll Find My Way Home". I'm not much of a fan of either but I do remember them being quite ubiquitous back in the day.

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom