Veganism is a protected philosophical belief

Never mind that stupid bitch, did anyone watch the program on 4 this week where they gave families animals to raise and then they had to decide whether to eat them?

Surprisingly, one family did.

Did they eat the ones which they least liked the look of?

They are plants.

Qk06yzV.jpg

And they get quite bad tempered being rooted to the spot, too.

Whoever manages to make the first convincing vegan replacement for bacon (including the smell) and popularises it will win over a lot of vegan-curious people.

Bacon and cheese tend to be the things folk say they could "never" give up and I think that's why there's such a focus on getting a quality replacement for each but there are, of course, so many cheeses. Get me a good vegan blue cheese and I'll be cock-a-hoop.

They are plants.

Qk06yzV.jpg

And they get quite bad tempered being rooted to the spot, too.

Whoever manages to make the first convincing vegan replacement for bacon (including the smell) and popularises it will win over a lot of vegan-curious people.

I had This Isn’t Bacon this morning and it was shit.

I love a dirty Frazzle. I think I'd rather have those than a fake bacon. Although they are veggie rather than vegan, aren't they?

I love a dirty Frazzle. I think I'd rather have those than a fake bacon. Although they are veggie rather than vegan, aren't they?

No. They're vegan, or at least some of the supermarket knock-off Frazzles are. I had a conversation with a deeply confused colleague about this after a few own-brand multipacks were offered around the team by a generous soul and I went with the bacon ones. She couldn't grasp that I was happily munching away on some bacon-flavour crisps but I had turned down the cheese and onion with actual cheese in them. The news that no bacon was used in the manufacturing process rendered the poor lass near dumbstruck.

No. They're vegan, or at least some of the supermarket knock-off Frazzles are. I had a conversation with a deeply confused colleague about this after a few own-brand multipacks were offered around the team by a generous soul and I went with the bacon ones. She couldn't grasp that I was happily munching away on some bacon-flavour crisps but I had turned down the cheese and onion with actual cheese in them. The news that no bacon was used in the manufacturing process rendered the poor lass near dumbstruck.

I remember my mother being similarly (goose) baffled by Pot Noodles.

I had This Isn’t Bacon this morning and it was shit.

Rotten isn't it? The name is terrible too, if a logical extension of the wearisome misspellings and abbreviations; baykonn, Bac'n. baquonne etc etc. But, telling they didn't go for something along the lines of "I Can't Believe It's Not Bacon" because no sane human could ever fail to distinguish them.

I love fake Bacon. And also Quorn Ham slices, I can eat them out the packet. I can't remember where I got them but I had fake Bacon lardons once which were amazing in a pasta dish.

Ended up buying quite a few bits from Aldi's vegan range. Including a pizza with fake bacon. And some with jackfruit instead of meat. Will report back.

I had jackfruit instead of pulled pork once. There won't be a second time.

I just had M&S "Tofish" and chips for the first time.

And for the last time.

I don’t know how on earth tofu could ever be transformed into something even remotely approaching the texture of fish. Which clearly it wasn’t :tongueout:

It can make a very convincing pork or beef like texture (the little packets of "spicy bean curd" I get at the oriental food store sometimes), I think they compress it super tight or something from what I remember reading of all the different tofu production methods. But yeah fish style sounds like a challenge and a half

And I've just eaten a VEGAN CHOCOLATE COIN from M&S. It was ALL RIGHT but RICE FLOUR is not really a substitute for MILK

One thing I do love is quorn COCKTAIL SAUSAGES. They’re as gristly and addictively plain as the REAL THING.

Yes! I think I prefer them to real cocktail sausages.

Yeah....as far as I can see, these are actually mushrooms? Unless oyster mushrooms are made from real oysters...

Especially because you instinctively pronounce it em-shrooms. :manson: At least some of the others remain phonetic like beeph or chikkin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom