Vengaboys - 1999

ZenGiraffe

Who is SHE though?
Pronouns
He/Him

(CC: The Pop Toilet 🚽)

Well this is thoroughly pointless. I feel like they could have been way more ambitious and put some more more in your face vengaboys samples in there, rather than just hinting at them.

(CC: The Pop Toilet 🚽)

Well this is thoroughly pointless. I feel like they could have been way more ambitious and put some more more in your face vengaboys samples in there, rather than just hinting at them.

Wait. This is AMAZING.

It reminds me of the Alanis Eight Easy Steps video bit done on a Tik Tok filter instead of painstaking graphics that probably took an age (:()

I preferred similar stabs (or stabbings rather) at this from Aqua and Mary Kiani. I'm assuming that's a different singer autonuned to at least try and mimic the old ghost vocalist - Whigfield-Sannie take note.

I do wish that Eurodance acts could burp out a new single without having to centre it around how essential the 90s were. That being said, Masterboy managed it with with GREAT APLOMB.

• Love
Reactions: Zu
I do wish that Eurodance acts could burp out a new single without having to centre it around how essential the 90s were. That being said, Masterboy managed it with with GREAT APLOMB.

:disco: Why does no-one ever tell us about these things? CALL YOURSELVES A GAY CHAT LONGE MUSIC BOOTH?

I recall being appalled at the time that the Charli XCX version wasn’t a global number one smash but I suppose children these days prefer songs about SPLAYING THE GASH or offering yourself up as some sort of EVER READY HOLE

I JUST WANNA GO BACK TO 1999 INDEED :oi:

:disco: Why does no-one ever tell us about these things? CALL YOURSELVES A GAY CHAT LONGE MUSIC BOOTH?

It's sadly not considered to be a BOP nowadays unless the main production solely involves a Casio keyboard preset from Woolworths. :(

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Zu
Can this thread be moved out of Pop Toilet INSTANTLY THANKS

(Not as) extended (as I’d like) version :disco:

Extended should mean AT LEAST six minutes but at least it’s not that utterly grotty wench and all-round life-unenhancer Cardi B so we shall MAKE DO :disco:

There's something quite (accidentally) HAUNTING about that :D

I'm sure Michael Jackson and Lisa Left Eye Lopes absolutely DO wish they could go back to 1999.
I doubt it. Whether or not there's an afterlife, it's got to be easier than being on earth.

Not that I begrudge the Vengaboys trying to make a bit of cash*, but I don't understand why this exists when the original both sounds better AND has a better video :tongueout: And if you want a dancier version there is of course THIS:

:disco: :disco: :disco:

*(I sort of DO REALLY)

The video is of course GREAT FUN.

The mug shots and Aphex Twin are quite rewarding choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom