WE⚫AY

Has anyone flown from Manchester Airport recently? I keep seeing all the horror stories and wondering what time I should get there..

Has anyone flown from Manchester Airport recently? I keep seeing all the horror stories and wondering what time I should get there..

I went 3 weeks ago at the height of the "chaos"

Arrived 4 hours before the flight to make sure I wouldn't get stuck. Security took 10 minutes. The queue to get in the pub took longer.

That's not to say it doesn't exist, but it does seem to be not everyone's experience

What was the war in Vietnam about?

I'm no historian but I think, like everything else between the rise and fall of the Berlin Wall, it was about the US and Russia wanting to stick it to one another without ever actually fighting directly.

And also Jane Fonda was there.

Is there a side alley you could take the food down?
Not without going out of the park each time, it’s on a high all-weather pitch kind of place, and I don’t have enough hands to hold the camera thing and hold the tray and eat the things!

Spawn flew from there to the US on Tuesday. They arrived about 9am and their flight time was meant to be 12.45. The queue for security was already massive by 9.30am and the flight ended up being 45 minutes late leaving because of the security queue. Spawn and husband were whisked straight through in ten minutes because she played the "I'm flying Upper Class/I'm a bride/shouldn't I have a pink security sticker?/why don't I have a pink sticker?" card at the Virgin desk.

I'm no historian but I think, like everything else between the rise and fall of the Berlin Wall, it was about the US and Russia wanting to stick it to one another without ever actually fighting directly.

And also Jane Fonda was there.
What was Jane Fonda doing there?

What was Jane Fonda doing there?

I believe attempting to show the other side of the conflict to the one shown by US propaganda at the time. She had been protesting against the war in the US, and then flew to Vietnam to see the situation first hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom