Wednesday's Hoe is Full of Woe

GNL

It's pronounced Ginnél
Good morning Moopy.

I've hit snooze on my alarm many times this morning.

Wake up
Uni assignment
Work
Other uni assignment
Bed
x14

:(

• Care
Reactions: COB
At least everyone has the first ASFM listening party to look forward to tonight. I know that's the only thing getting me through the day.

I've seen that "I swear to god if you fuck this up" post about the 4 day working week about a million times today.

If people don't like the 5 day week why don't they do something about it?

I've seen that "I swear to god if you fuck this up" post about the 4 day working week about a million times today.

If people don't like the 5 day week why don't they do something about it?
What is this post? Are people against a 4 day (30 hour) week?

It's a meme type post with a screen shot of the 4-day week trial and people (copying other people) saying something along the lines of "If you're involved in this don't fuck it up"

JUST CONTROL YOUR OWN FUCKING LIFE

The trial involves thirty specific companies according to the story I just read about it. I can see why people outside of the trial want it to go well :tongueout:

Oh, now I get it.

Most people don't have the power to just unilaterally work 80% of their hours with no reduction in pay. So yeah...

DON'T FUCK IT UP

From what I've read it seems to be a trial of a 38-hour week over four days for most places? So it would be longer days.

I'd love to do something like this, and my employer (in the larger sense) is actually the type who would probably try it out, but I can't see the people in charge of my actual department being up for it :(

Nurses, in the US at least, work 3 12 hour shifts, and I kind of like the idea of it

I would rather spend four days a week wiggling my mouse occasionally than five, so I hope, for my sake, that that happens.

My work has been 4 day weeks since covid. They work 8am-7pm. It is a long day though

I've tried doing 37 hours in four days and I just end up petering out. After my busy period is over, I'm going to try a 9 day fortnight, but hope that a proper 4 day week rather than compressed week gets implemented in the next few years.

I asked to reduce from my full time of 35 hours (5 x 7 hours) to 30 (4 × 7.5) and my employer agreed to it. Obviously there was a financial hit, but somewhat mitigated against by losing only 5 hours rather than a full day in terms of pay - yet obviously gaining a full day in terms of days off. Plus you lose disproportionately more tax, so the loss wasn't quite as big as I thought. There's no way I'd do my job full time again, but I initially imagined I'd go back to full time if I changed job. I know now I never go back to full time though. I genuinely refer to myself as semi-retired now rather than part time, and ideally I'm moving closer to full retirement than full time work.

Mr L works full time but over 4 days. The days are long (particularly when he has to go back to a half hour commute), but he has resisted many requests to go back to 5 days

Last edited:
Outsource one day's work to the prisoners you keep in your basement.

Can't we all just agree that Tuesday doesn't exist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom