What are you gaming? 2021

@Raining On Me Oh I was meaning the Troll when you go exploring at the start :D I couldn’t get my head around needing to actually dodge something and any attacks on him being such a light touch.

Glad you’re enjoying it though and like you say it’s a great mix of exploration and defined paths. I really went for it with the end game. It’s so satisfying to play I didn’t mind being on a collect-a-thon.

I'm loving all the collectible things and puzzles! It's astounding me how they keep finding new ways for you to open a Nornir chest with the blue symbol things.

I do struggle with remembering the button combos in battle, though, and this becomes more problematic as the skills develop. It's why I've always been a bit shit at Street Fighter etc. I just panic every time and go for the safe option/button mashing. But I seem to be doing okay and not dying much, just ending each battle with a slither of health.

And my god I know I said it but this game is BEAUTIFUL

But the real question is who do you want you in you more? The Stranger or Kratos?

The correct answer is of course BOTH.

But yes muscular yet slim peculiar stranger is giving me something extra, can't wait to see that psycho again :horny:

I'm about to complete The Last of Us (Part 1). Absolute stunner of a game. I'm also very into Tomb Raider, and have downloaded the FF VII Remake so onto that next. I think I might give the PS PLUS games a miss next month unless there's anything particularly recommended?

I'm playing this game called Forgotton Anne (sic). It's a bit JANKY but the animation is beautiful considering it was probably made by FIFTEEN NERDS in a room. Quite WHIMSICAL too, set in a fantasy land where things go when they are FORGOTTON (:D)

I'm about to complete The Last of Us (Part 1). Absolute stunner of a game. I'm also very into Tomb Raider, and have downloaded the FF VII Remake so onto that next. I think I might give the PS PLUS games a miss next month unless there's anything particularly recommended?
Be sure to add them to your library even if you don't plan to play them during the month they're available - it doesn't happen automatically, and anything in your library can be downloaded for as long as you have the subscription.

Be sure to add them to your library even if you don't plan to play them during the month they're available - it doesn't happen automatically, and anything in your library can be downloaded for as long as you have the subscription.
Ah cool. I didn't realise you could do that without downloading. I was beginning to download the games faster than I could even try them out :D

Yeah, it is a bit confusing - there's also the Play At Home thing, which is a thing they're doing during Covid where a selection of games will be available to add for a limited time, but you can then download them later if you want (with or without a Plus subscription). Here's the full list :o

I thought both new Tomb Raider games were very good although I couldn't shake the thought that if Lara just chilled the fuck out, she wouldn't continually advance the end of the world :D

I've also just downloaded the FF remake and played through the first level (waiting for the rest to download, my Playstation has a terrible connection). I don't have much history with FF so it's quite the discovery!

I ended up abandoning Greedfall. a bit of a shame as the world and lore are well crafted, quests were well written too, I just felt it needed lots of final touches to make it more engaging

I ended up abandoning Greedfall. a bit of a shame as the world and lore are well crafted, quests were well written too, I just felt it needed lots of final touches to make it more engaging
Same. When I left the first island and ended up in the main world it all looked a bit too "big" to get into.

I just wanna play a roaming game like Skyrim or RDR2 but I don't want to replay either

I was looking at Ghost of Tsushima but I still think it's too expensive for the digital version
RDR 2 Online wouldn't be a replay. I'm going to start it either today or tomorrow. I'm doing GTA V Online at the moment (Yeah, I know it's old, but it's awesome!)

RDR 2 Online wouldn't be a replay. I'm going to start it either today or tomorrow. I'm doing GTA V Online at the moment (Yeah, I know it's old, but it's awesome!)

you're right. I had a go at RDR 2 Online right when it was launched and it was actually quite fun with the big Western shoot outs. might try again but I'm afraid it would take up all my time!

seeing as it'll be a while and a half before I get a PS5 (does it even exist?) I've gone and bought myself a desktop pc

does any of you motherlovers play Valheim and want to slay Greylings together?

I finished Oddworld: Soulstorm last night.

It was good, if occasionally unreasonably difficult at points, but it left me wanting to play the original far too much. There were a number of sections of Exodus that didn't get kept that I really missed, such as possessing things other than Sligs, conversation locks, and farts, and the crafting system was annoying, even if there was some fun to be had from it.

For a free game though I can't complain too much.

I'm playing NieR: Automata which I had been saving for a while. How anyone chooses to play OTHER GENERIC FLASHY BEAT 'EM UPS when they have a BLINDFOLDED, KATANA-WIELDING BAD BITCH slicing huge mechas around I do not know. Not only is the presentation stylistically HEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of all those WIZARDS AND DRAGONS IDENTIKITS but the gameplay is DIVINE. She controls like a dream and just killing a standard enemy with a fairly simple combo, then sliding across and connecting a second attack to another enemy makes you feel like a FUCKING NINJA.

I finished the main story for Control, easily one of the best games on the PS4. Have two more trophies to get the platinum and one expansion left to play.

I'm playing NieR: Automata which I had been saving for a while. How anyone chooses to play OTHER GENERIC FLASHY BEAT 'EM UPS when they have a BLINDFOLDED, KATANA-WIELDING BAD BITCH slicing huge mechas around I do not know. Not only is the presentation stylistically HEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of all those WIZARDS AND DRAGONS IDENTIKITS but the gameplay is DIVINE. She controls like a dream and just killing a standard enemy with a fairly simple combo, then sliding across and connecting a second attack to another enemy makes you feel like a FUCKING NINJA.
It's a great game. It was my first experience of Nier and I am looking forward to playing the replicant remake thats out next week

Stupid mum question: “Will I like it if I liked God of War and The Last of Us but disliked Horizon Zero Dawn?”

Stupid mum question: “Will I like it if I liked God of War and The Last of Us but disliked Horizon Zero Dawn?”

My only HALF-JOKINGLY DISPARAGING COMMENT about WIZARDS AND DRAGONS IDENTIKITS was made with God of War in mind so make of that what you will :side-eye:

In all seriousness, I have not played those games so it's hard to say personally. What I'd say is that if you like DMC or Bayonetta, this plays similarly (not as fluidly, IMO, or maybe not just yet) and it has the same OTT action that those two games have, while being played a lot more STRAIGHT in terms of storyline. At the end of the day it is a Japanese game about androids and humans and do machines have feelings etc which I enjoy more than I'M FULL OF TESTOSTERONE BUT I AM ALSO A FATHER, but I appreciate others may ROLL THEIR EYES at that sort of thing.

Second-hand for a tenner on eBay about two years ago so it should be even cheaper then!

how many more Balkan children will have to die in This War of Yours, @ButterTart ?

(great game, isn't it)
I’m obsessed with it. I played it to death a few years back but I’m back into it again now.

I’m on day 30 of the campaign with two old, useless people. It’s been tough, and I can’t even rob from people because this pair of Mary-Sues will get all upset.

Completed Tomb Raider yesterday. Could have got 100% if it weren't for a couple of annoying bugs, but I'll live. I thought it was fantastic, the most enjoyment since Tomb Raider III.

I've just started Control. I'm not 100% sold yet as the combat seems tricky and you revive in quite annoying far back places but I'll stick with it as it has such good reviews. I am also TOTALLY lost story-line wise but that's not so important for me really.

Completed Tomb Raider yesterday. Could have got 100% if it weren't for a couple of annoying bugs, but I'll live. I thought it was fantastic, the most enjoyment since Tomb Raider III.

Does it still let you lock the old man in a fridge?

Bring back the pointy bobs.
They're MAJESTIC!

main-qimg-db68b271410fe1219077ef1a1d013bca-c

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom