What Are You Watching? 2022

Trigger Point was REALLY GOOD!

You know, I *think* I might have heard this programme was by the creator of Call of Duty.

I didn't get into the first half really and the end of the first episode you could see coming, but I am interested to see where it goes now.

Just finished watching episodes 1 & 2 of The Bay. Can't say it's particularly compelling.

Its not bad for mid week viewing but thats it. I did prefer the previous lead. There were a few things in episode 2 that annoyed me. Like when she walked in front of the children with blood all over her.

Up to the last episode of the Stranger..I have to say I have become more gripped as it has gone along. Will watch the other Coben one Safe straight after this, I think.

You know, I *think* I might have heard this programme was by the creator of Call of Duty.

I didn't get into the first half really and the end of the first episode you could see coming, but I am interested to see where it goes now.

Yes it’s another Jed Mercurio number.

I was ENTHRALLED throughout, and thought it was done really well. I’m a sucker for anything Vicky McClure is in, and she EXCELS in these.

Danish television is showing a lot of Bri'ish crime series. just watched Showtrial. not exactly edge of your seat-gripping but it'll do

I hope I can souce the new show with Ben Whishaw :love:

Danish television is showing a lot of Bri'ish crime series. just watched Showtrial. not exactly edge of your seat-gripping but it'll do
Showtrial was one of my TV highlights of last year.

What else do they have?

Showtrial was one of my TV highlights of last year.

What else do they have?

the plot was good and the female lead (the lawyer) was great but I felt it could've been a little more intense. I hope we get another season!

last year we watched Line of Duty. I didn't know it was an on-going series and that we were only watching the latest so we missed out on a lot of the background stories but still, that was really good television! Mr M has also been binging The Missing on his own time

other shows available are Intruder, Manhunt, Vigil, Too Close, The North Water... (I'm avoiding stuff like Barnaby and Lewis). any of them worth a watch?

the plot was good and the female lead (the lawyer) was great but I felt it could've been a little more intense. I hope we get another season!

last year we watched Line of Duty. I didn't know it was an on-going series and that we were only watching the latest so we missed out on a lot of the background stories but still, that was really good television! Mr M has also been binging The Missing on his own time

other shows available are Intruder, Manhunt, Vigil, Too Close, The North Water... (I'm avoiding stuff like Barnaby and Lewis). any of them worth a watch?

Too Close and Vigil are worth a watch

Manhunt is really good - but I don't know if I'd get as much out of them if I didn't know the cases as they were huge in the UK media

Finished part 1 of season 4 Ozark. Really enjoyed whizzing through it. The mom was serving some vintage Val Cherish in her self interested manipulation of the pharma lady.

Onto season 3 of Snowpiercer (ooh I get the shivers).

This sounds interesting, starting in a couple of weeks

The BBC has acquired the brand new short-form comedy-drama Cheaters, from Clerkenwell Films, the makers of The End of the F***ing World, Misfits, Lovesick and The Dig.

An eighteen-episode story told in ten-minute chapters, Cheaters is a sexy, messy, comedy-drama about morality and monogamy, and everything in between.

The series is written and created by breakout writer Oliver Lyttelton (The Listener), directed by Elliot Hegarty (Ted Lasso, Lovesick) and produced by Alex Walsh-Taylor (In The Long Run, Lovesick).

Cheaters tells the story of a chance meeting after a cancelled flight that leads to an unlikely night of drunken airport-hotel sex between two strangers in their late twenties, Fola and Josh. The next morning, as they rush to make the rescheduled flight, both admit they are with other people – Fola is married to Zack, and Josh is in a long term relationship with Esther. After arguing at the airport and ignoring each other on the plane, they finally agree their night of passion was a mistake and go their separate ways. But as Josh gets off at the bus stop next to his flat, he’s horrified to see Fola pulling up in a taxi across the road and heading into the house she has just bought. Josh and Fola are going to be neighbours. And to make life more complicated, Esther and Zack are keen to be friends.

The series stars Susan Wokoma (Enola Holmes, Truth Seekers) as Fola and Joshua McGuire (Industry, The Duke) as Josh. Callie Cooke (Rules of the Game, Britannia) plays Esther, and Jack Fox (Sanditon, Riviera) plays the role of Zack. Further cast includes Andrea Valls (Waffle the Wonder Dog), Shiloh Coke (Pirates) and Jay Lycurgo (Titans).

Cheaters (18x10’) is produced by Clerkenwell Films, which is a wholly owned BBC Studios indie production partner. The series was both commissioned and funded by BBC Studios and leading producer and financier Anton as part of a long-term development deal. Murray Ferguson, Petra Fried, Emily Harrison and Matt Jarvis are the Executive Producers for Clerkenwell Films, Caroline Stone is Executive Producer for BBC Studios and Sebastien Raybaud is Executive Producer for Anton. Cheaters was acquired for BBC One and BBC iPlayer by Piers Wenger, Director of BBC Drama. BBC Studios is distributing the series internationally.

Cheaters starts on Tuesday 8 February at 9.45pm on BBC One, and all episodes will be available as a boxset on BBC iPlayer.

Too Close and Vigil are worth a watch

Manhunt is really good - but I don't know if I'd get as much out of them if I didn't know the cases as they were huge in the UK media

thank you! will start Too Close tonight

The Nilsen Files documentary on BBC2. Grim viewing, and hard not to draw parallels with Four Lives and the Port murders documentary.

I thought the second episode of The Responder was much more involving. Dodgy accent aside Martin Freeman is very good.

Reacher just started on Amazon Prime starring the endless thirst trap that is Alan Ritchson. Binged 8 episodes over two days.

So I am mid way through 'Safe' - the third of the Harlan Coban netflix dramas, they all get better as they go along, I think Stay Close was the most enjoyable though, followed by The Stranger

I see Kate Garraway's Life Stories has started. Out of the first three guests from the mini-series I'll be interested in Charlotte Mushroom Church

I did think this, if she wasn't doing anything else I'd be a bit worried, but i guess C5 are trying to up their game in the drama stakes and probably gave her a fat pay cheque!

I watched all of the episodes this week. The first couple with Sheridan tottering around being a drunken mess were fun, but the wheels really came off by the end. The acting from her friendly colleague was atrocious.

Sheridan's ITV drama starts this week.

I've watched precious little other than Hi-de-Hi! all this last week. On season 7 now, so not much left.

I watched all of the episodes this week. The first couple with Sheridan tottering around being a drunken mess were fun, but the wheels really came off by the end. The acting from her friendly colleague was atrocious.

Sheridan's ITV drama starts this week.

Something tells me she didn’t need to act her socks off to play that part.

New drama starts this weekend, and she is a judge on the new ITV talent show Starstruck on Saturday night.

Did anyone watch Chloe on BBC1 last night and is it worth starting?

It's another locally filmed one, so I'll certainly be giving it a go.

Is it the strange red head that spent most of Stay Close performing weird dance routines that is the lead in this?

The new ITV Sheridan one was on tonight, No Return. It was pretty good though I’m not sure why they haven’t contacted the British embassy or the papers yet… maybe that’s in episode two.

Debra and Toukers exchanges on Dragons Den are my absolute HIGHLIGHT.

Oh shit, I've been sitting here waiting for The Apprentice, completely forgetting Dragons' Den was on first :manson:

Isn’t Sheridan Smith FABULOUS? I know she is on everything right now, but WHAT AN ACTRESS. Anything I see her in I have to watch and usually thoroughly enjoy.

The Righteous Gemstones season 2 is a hoot. Who knew that a romper (not a onesie) with cummerbund was the outfit post-adult baptism?

I watched the first two episodes of Chloe last night. I nearly ditched it midway through the first as I didn't have a clue what was going on, but glad I stuck with it.

Strange to see a small local concert hall I went to a few times last year (amd am seeing KIKI DEE in in a couple of months :disco: ) doubling as a courtroom in Showtrial and now a church in Chloe.

Other than that though, I've pretty much finished Hi de Hi now, and watched about 7 episodes of Grange Hill last night :D

Last edited:
I thought the second episode of Chloe was much better than the first. Princess Anne is excellent in it. I do wonder how many viewers would have bailed though.

I noticed it also features a track by noted ASFM winner Juliette Armanet (@Beverley)

I would advise everybody to stick with it - it only gets better. It’s beautifully made and Erin Doherty is superb throughout.

Not Sister Julienne...

I'm assuming Dr Turner will be ok... his wife writes the show and who else will do the weekly exposition filled speeches? Shame they couldn't find away to shove Turner Jr on the train.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom