What Are You Watching? 2022

Has anyone seen the prison drama Screw? I do love me some prison things to watch. I'm going to watch Marlene Dietrich in Manpower later - fairly sure she has some scenes in the slammer, but all I remember is her being slapped or pushed down the stairs.

My moaning about the quality of this season of The Flight Attendant notwithstanding, I just watched the last episode and I enjoyed it. Fun, but definitely best to leave it there.
I really didn’t enjoy it in the end (and I loved the first season). It leaned too far into her demons at the expense of what made the first season such a fun caper. Right now Kaley is saying there won’t be a third season, which makes sense, it ended on the right note.

I am about to start season 2 of the wonderful ‘Only Murders In The Building’

Has anyone seen the prison drama Screw? I do love me some prison things to watch. I'm going to watch Marlene Dietrich in Manpower later - fairly sure she has some scenes in the slammer, but all I remember is her being slapped or pushed down the stairs.

I really didn’t like Screw. I usually like the prison dramas too but thought this one had something missing.

I’ve decided to dive in to Made in Chelsea from S1 having never watched it before. Anyone a fan? @Rita do you watch it?

I’ve decided to dive in to Made in Chelsea from S1 having never watched it before. Anyone a fan? @Rita do you watch it?

No for such a reality tv whore I have never actually even tried to watch it, but thank you for bringing this to my attention. I think I may well do the same.

I've finally watched the last episode of Everything I Know About Love and with how things were left there really needs to be a second series.

I've finally watched the last episode of Everything I Know About Love and with how things were left there really needs to be a second series.

Yes, I watched the last episode last night and there has to be another series, surely it can't be left like that?
I googled straight after thinking they may have filmed it and split it into two series' but the writer said they would love a second series but needs to see how the first one does for a second one to be given the go ahead

Finished Sky's The Midwich Cuckoos with a triple bill tonight. I enjoyed it a lot more than most critics.

One thing REALLY irritated me though - the tension was completely ruined many times by the blasting of Sweet Caroline for the William Hill sponsorship at the start and end of every ad break. Unbearable.

The first extended episode of Midwich was really very hard going - I nearly dropped it - but after that it was much better.

The girl with massive helmet hair was quite terrifying (both ages but especially the younger one).

Suspicion (1941) is on BBC2 right now. I know, I'm rather surprised myself. This is all wonderful. Do you like it? Oh I adore it, I'm mad about it.

I thought The Control Room was an enjoyable three parter. Some suspension of disbelief required as is the way, but Iain De Caestecker was very good.

I really enjoyed The Newsreader. Not a flawless program, but enough to keep me engaged.

I'm two in on The Newsreader and enjoying so far. I think the two leads are both good.

Oh yes I came here to mention The Newsreader - I'm three eps deep, and fully gripped. I love all the lead cast, am very much enjoying the admittedly QUITE TACKY way it's spinning real live tragic events into fictional entertainment, and I wasn't expecting gays! A nice surprise.

I had a few issues with it, such as the treatment of her mental health. But I rather suspect that was the point and honestly I was picking points. I really enjoyed her character.

I look forward to a second series. Keen to see some rampant buggery between Dale and Gay Tim.

I really enjoyed The Newsreader. Not a flawless program, but enough to keep me engaged.
Yes episode 1 was really enjoyable ! Sticking with it. Like an Aussie The Hour forward a few decades

Oh yes I came here to mention The Newsreader - I'm three eps deep, and fully gripped. I love all the lead cast, am very much enjoying the admittedly QUITE TACKY way it's spinning real live tragic events into fictional entertainment, and I wasn't expecting gays! A nice surprise.
I knew nothing about the space storyline in episode 1 before seeing it ! Was a bit emotional finding out about it for first time :o

I knew about it from my secondary school trips to the National Space Centre in (for some reason) LEICESTER, and also from season 3 of Glow, but this was the first time I learned one of the astronauts onboard was a competition winner and mum of two.

Episode 3 was also very handy in fleshing out the "A DINGO TOOK MY BABY!!" lady I only really knew of from the first Drag Race Down Under Snatch Game

Just streamed through Keep Breathing on Netflix. A load of ridiculous campy nonsense but a great watch to pass a few hours.

The rest I COULD NOT GIVE A DAMN, but I am so looking forward to the chillier nights and some fabulous television.

Back bingeing on First Dates again. I'm up to the Welsh ex pro bodybuilder and Welsh nails lady.

Made it 4 episodes in with Sandman (enjoying it). I've not watched Netflix in ages.

Is anyone going to be watching Marriage on BBC1 tonight? I usually love Sean Bean and Nicola Walker in things and was very interested when I had a first glimpse of the trailer but it looks rather LIMP. Will probably give it a go regardless.

We'll be watching, but unlikely it will be tonight.

Is anyone going to be watching Marriage on BBC1 tonight? I usually love Sean Bean and Nicola Walker in things and was very interested when I had a first glimpse of the trailer but it looks rather LIMP. Will probably give it a go regardless.

I'm recording it but I know what you mean, I'm not finding it that thrilling a prospect.

Watched The Newsreader because of your recommendations and loved it. And I already recommended it to a couple of friends who loved it too.

I just finished The Newsreader this evening. While subtlety wasn't exactly its strong suit, it really was great. Lots of great performances and LOVED Noelene.

I see it has been renewed too.

Also very satisfyingly finished the most recent season of Snowfall (excellent) and the first series of The Undeclared War and The Lazarus Project (unfortunately both with cliffhangers).

I have a couple of episodes of Severance to wrap up. I want to dive into the new season of the very charming Never Have I Ever, but also really need to watch Black Bird which I understand to be excellent (though probably a bit less charming).

The Undeclared War tried my patience. I'd have given up but for it being locally filmed.

Anyone watch Physical on Apple TV+? I just finished the second season and it was phenomenal, the first was good but it got much stronger and Rose Byrne is :disco:

Also blitzed through Indian Matchmaking. So cringe-y yet I couldn’t stop.

I have binged the whole first season of Blood over the past 2 days and LOVED IT.

Did anyone watch Marriage?? It has got very mixed reviews.

All four episodes are sat on my Sky box, I'm finding it hard to summon the enthusiasm for it. I get the impression the whole point of it is to be mundane and a bit miserable, and while I am sure it will be well acted (and I did very much like Stefan Golaszewski's precious show Mum), four hours of not much happening seems a hard sell.

Oh and according to my mother Sean Bean's character is a dreary drip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom