What are your post-Corona plans?

KindaCool

Footsteps are following me
I know we're nowhere near the end, but I thought it would be nice to share the HOLD-UPS we plan on taking care of once we are.

For me gym is a big one. I feel so out of shape right now.

And of course a much needed haircut.

But generally very short-term plans too I guess, just getting to see my friends again and going to the gym.

I'm afraid planning any sort of vacation even while staying pretty local seems very optimistic at this stage :(

Post Covid Park Run is gonna be wonderful.

I don't think I'll get back to Italy at this point but if we're able to by summer then that. Though I kinda need to get my stuff...

I'm not missing a great deal because I've been really busy with the new company, if anything lockdown has been a blessing in terms of the lack of distractions. I'll go and see family for sure, but having lived abroad I'm used to not seeing them physically for months on end anyway.

We're deffos craving a weekend of coke and sex in a hotel sans child and I'll be throwing a festival of some sorts once we're allowed to congregate. I think that's probably what I'm pinning for the most. I genuinely am at my happiest off my tits in a field with no phone signal.

Reactions: GNL
A vacation to visit my family abroad and seeing some live fucking theatre.
gjZy9fu.gif

Get absolutely fucked with my mates. Hopefully celebrate my 40th SOMEWHERE NOT HERE.

Really I need a job. Shit isn't anywhere even near the fan re work.

Other than rescheduled gigs, I don’t have any.

We are meant to be going on a cruise in October, but that looks quite unlikely at this point.

Going on city breaks again - I've been looking forward to Tbilisi for ages and it's been a real kick in the tits to have it swept out from under me.
Actually being able to see my friends again.
I also fully plan to involve myself in any attempt to hold the Tories and Brexiters to account for basically being responsible for murder.

sex
gym
pubs
family
friends
restaurants
cafes
parks
museums
roadtrips
shopping malls
outdoor activities such as picnics or bike rides
TANNING
which brings me to pool parties
perhaps a club or two
going to the fucking movies and watch about 5 in one sitting

I miss going out for food SO MUCH. And yes I'm craving the chance to browse a gallery.

Also my parents :(

Reactions: GNL
We’re still not locked down so in many ways life is still quite the same, there are nevertheless a lot of things that aren’t on the menu anymore and that I want to do as soon as this is over:

Physically meeting my (risk group) parents
Travelling
Clubbing
Museums/exhibitions

Getting SOMEWHERE TO FUCKING LIVE that doesn't have RANDOM FIGHTS BREAKING OUT and SOME COW NEXT DOOR TURNING OFF HER FRIDGE AND LEAVING EVERYTHING INSIDE TO MING

I want to go to the pub and drink so much that I acquire all of the symptoms that I've just spent the past few months avoiding.

Smoke Fairies, Hands Off Gretel and Suede gigs are currently in for Oct/Nov.

Apart from that, I'm being cautious about longer term impacts. That said, I have had a few "what about the things I've always wanted to do but never got 'round to?" thoughts on and off. I caught myself looking at electronic drumkits that wouldn't annoy the shit out of my neighbours...

Getting SOMEWHERE TO FUCKING LIVE that doesn't have RANDOM FIGHTS BREAKING OUT and SOME COW NEXT DOOR TURNING OFF HER FRIDGE AND LEAVING EVERYTHING INSIDE TO MING

Get yourself over to worst places to live, you’ll find yourself a right bargain

Not knowing when I'll be able to see my mum in Lebanon or my sister in Qatar is the hardest part of not being able to travel :(

The only place I want to be is home currently :( I’m hoping I can still visit for Christmas but to be honest fuck knows.

oh also going to a fucking dermatologist. I've been eating like SHIT lately and my face hasn't looked this awful in years. I expect to find some kinf of post-Corona package where they'll literally drain all the oil from my forehead + nose

The only place I want to be is home currently :( I’m hoping I can still visit for Christmas but to be honest fuck knows.
yes, I'm thinking Christmas as well but really it seems like nothing's certain at this point.

I'm not making plans per se, as everything is still unclear, but here are some things I'm looking forward to doing eventually
  • Spending the whole day outside, without having to worry about getting back or being stopped by the police
  • Taking a trip with my BF (resigned to the fact that it will probably just be within France for foreseeable future)
  • Returning to training (gym is out, but I should be able to do outdoors stuff with my PT)
  • Going back to the UK to see my family
  • Spending a few days away from my BF, mainly just to refresh after spending every minute together for two months
  • Going back to doing proper meetings / presentations for work - Zoom and Teams lacks a lot of dynamism

Our wedding and honeymoon were obviously JANCELLED so they're two pretty big plans for when this is over.

General plans is the usual everyone's said above. We haven't (physically) seen Ig's parents for about 8 months at the moment (we kept planning weekends but then they had a cold, then he had a cold, then they started self-isolating way before the government recommended it, so it just didn't happen) so a trip to Brighton to see them is well in order. Other than that, PUBS and RESTAURANTS PLEASE.

Also we had quite a lot of house plans at the start of this year (new carpets, new conservatory roof) so we'll see how confident we are in the economy/our jobs and see if we want to kickstart those again.

It was a bit GUTTING but we got to the acceptance stage pretty quickly. It's happening to THE WHOLE WORLD so what can you do?

Compare that to my barely-friend on Facebook who goes on these daily diatribes about her "situation" and how she "hopes she can get through this". :eyes:

Sorry to hear about your wedding

a couple of my friends are in the same boat, and it is pretty devastating

but the good news is that when it’s all over I’m sure it will be worth the wait x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom