What do you think of when you think of GERMANY?

1632678965971.png

The old German Democratic Republic. As a young kid I was fascinated by their athletics team and would watch any documentary about the country I could find.

Is any of it remotely relatable?

Super mixed bag - some very much so (Neuschwanstein Castle, Umlauts, Steffi Graf) and others are very much cringed upon clichés (Hasselhoff, Kraut and Wurst). :D

But some of the clichés are true though.

I would also put Christmas Markets, Carnival, Oktoberfest and co. on the list. We do big gatherings feat. booze quite successfully.

Super mixed bag - some very much so (Neuschwanstein Castle, Umlauts, Steffi Graf) and others are very much cringed upon clichés (Hasselhoff, Kraut and Wurst). :D

But some of the clichés are true though.

I would also put Christmas Markets, Carnival, Oktoberfest and co. on the list. We do big gatherings feat. booze quite successfully.
It's amazing how German Christmas markets and Oktoberfest have infiltrated UK culture.

The Aachen hostel I stayed in at sixth form where everyone got food poisoning the day before we had to travel back :D

Also, Germans love MITKLATSCHEN aka clapping along to something.

May or may not be related to the ever popular CHEAP GERMAN SCHLAGER TAT :disco:

Also, Germans love MITKLATSCHEN aka clapping along to something.

May or may not be related to the ever popular CHEAP GERMAN SCHLAGER TAT :disco:
On which note, MAITE KELLY :disco:

God I love the whole weirdly brainwashed air of MITKLATSCHEN

Does everyone like her?

I think the majority of people will look back at her tenure with fondness. A steady hand, not always as progressive as needed but especially the stark contrast to Trump and also Boris in recent years has made a lot of people realise that it's nice to have someone at the top who genuinely cares / has a backbone - even if we didn't always agree with the actual decision-making.

This fucking lunatic. My extended essay about his mind-shreddingly inconsistent and shouty oeuvre got me a first but AT WHAT PRICE TO MY PALTRY VESTIGES OF SANITY? :oi:

Picture+8.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom