What time period would you like to visit?

RJN

lost all chats
Pronouns
he/him
This is kind of history I think

I would love to get to experience the 70s, specifically in New York. Maybe also the 20s, in a Great Gatsby way, but that might not be that accurate to the time for most people

All of them!

Although Victorian England, Medieval England or the Wild West.

The 1970s intrigue me, but I'm old enough to recall the early 80s which was probably very similar. And YES to the 1920s and 1930s.

Also the Fall of Berlin in 1945 is absolutely thrilling.

I want to see if the 1950s were as twee as they're portrayed.

Most of them are hampered by how difficult it must have been to be LGBTQ.

But Weimar Germany I think. Popping back to reality just as the Nazis seize power.

Oh definitely the 20s. Love all that roaring 20s Art Deco Bugsy Malone shit. The fashion, music, everything

also the Elizabethan era,

of course I’d have to have money in both cases. The poor did not have a good ride back then.

Most of them are hampered by how difficult it must have been to be LGBTQ.
Having studied LGBTQ life in the 50s, 60s and 70s, they were fucking shit. They were still fucking and dragging, but everyone hated them.

The 1920s looked like a bonza time to be gay weirdly.

Ooh yes the Wild West. Although I’d last five minutes. It would have to be like Westworld where it’s all fake and nobody is allowed to shoot me

If I was immune from dying during it, I'd love to see what life was like during the black death

Fuck it, just send me back to 1996 so I can re-live the golden age of pop again.

Reactions: RJN
A gin house in the 1700s! Get me to molly house!

How I'm trynna be on June 21st

2594296_1024x1024.jpg

Life was probably pretty shit for most people during any of these times

Life was probably pretty shit for most people during any of these times

Yeah, you sort of have to coast any of this with 'I'd only visit if I could pass by as part of whatever privileged class existed at the time'.

I mean, you don't want to visit Ancient Rome for a LADS HOLIDAY and then get roped in to indentured servitude.

I think I'll like to see a public hanging. Sounds like a great day out.

1st-3rd May 1997

A landslide win for pre war crime Blair/Labour followed by a landslide Eurovision win a couple of nights later :disco:

Many but the thought of how bad everyone smelled makes me less inclined

Reactions: RJN
1st-3rd May 1997

A landslide win for pre war crime Blair/Labour followed by a landslide Eurovision win a couple of nights later :disco:
On that note November 7 2020, since experiencing it one time wasn’t enough

All time and all places of course (as long as I’m wearing something that would shield me from all the dirt and the smells and the cold/heat).

Most of all I’d like to go back to mid 19th century up to the turn of the century and WW1. The peak of emperial era of Europe with all the new inventions and the first round of globalisation.

Imagine a world before Eurovision. All they had were hoops, sticks, cinema, theatre, books, markets, fairs, newspapers, libraries, pubs, war and hat shops to keep them entertained.

Lite before recorded music would be so much worse than with it

Imagine a world without Moopy. What did all the homosexuals do.

Lite before recorded music would be so much worse than with it
Imagine having to rely exclusively on live music, theoretically in your own home if you were middle class enough.

1960s Cambodia (in the city) before war and genocide sounds amazing (for the well off). Golden age of music and arts and culture, and Phnom Penh looked beautiful before it was dismantled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom