Where would a newcomer begin?

Kala

Call the police
Pronouns
He/Him
I have never seen a single episode of any of the Real Housewives franchises. I've seen clips here and there and I just watched the trailer for the new season of Salt Lake City and colour me intrigued. With multiple seasons and franchises, it is a bit of a minefield knowing where to begin. Should I watch each franchise one by one, (if so which order should I do this?) or mix them by watching each season from their broadcast date, or something else? And then there are the spin-offs! It's so confusing and the sheer size of it all just has left me totally clueless!

This is my problem. I’ve seen 2 seasons of Atlanta and 3 of New York, but I want to watch some newer ones. But do I need to catch up?

I wish I wasn’t such a completionist and could just watch tv like a normal person :D

I'm biased because they're my favourites, but I do think that Melbourne/Sydney/Auckland are a great introduction - they have just ten episodes per season so are shorter than most of the US versions, and are all top-tier Housewives with big characters and lots of drama.

MELBOURNE!!!

was my gateway drug

Reactions: COB
Yes, start international. They're shorter series so you don't need to commit as much time.

When you move onto US, Potomac would be a good start I would say.

Dipping into the first two seasons of Salt Lake City before the new one might be a good idea.

But I echo others’ suggestion for Melbourne too, as it’s so short so you can get into the rhythm of it all much quicker.

I would also recommend Beverly Hills - the first three seasons are when the franchise was at its peak and they’re more organic and really i still what it’s all about, than a lot of the stuff that’s come later.

They are all quite unique, relatively, based on their locations. Melbourne is a stand out and easy to get into thanks to the shorter amount of episodes, the stellar cast, and the women just knowing how to make good TV.

I’d start there and then move to one of the big US ones if you’re hooked.

New York is an easy watch and very FUNNY but it's long and the early seasons are really quite dated now. I agree with starting with a quick Melbourne/Auckland before going into something bigger.

Salt Lake City is essential but I find it a bit of a difficult watch for a first time. The others are much lighter.

And save SYDNEY for when you're really in deep and need to some serious hating.

New York is an easy watch and very FUNNY but it's long and the early seasons are really quite dated now. I agree with starting with a quick Melbourne/Auckland before going into something bigger.

Salt Lake City is essential but I find it a bit of a difficult watch for a first time. The others are much lighter.

And save SYDNEY for when you're really in deep and need to some serious hating.
Oh and New York he should start on season 2. Gave up on 1 part way through but then it got seriously good :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom