Which Housewives should I start with?

So like almost all of us I have a lot of spare time on my hands....

I have never seen a single episode of any housewives but KEEN to start but from which one??

ZenGiraffe

Cheerleader to the Cheerleaderless
I recommend Melbourne. The series' are shorter than the US ones, there isn't a daunting amount to catch up on, and it has one of the highest killer:filler ratios of what I have seen. The casting is top class as well.

I think that is one of my issues. Will I be in a constant backlog of shows and episodes to catch up on?

Thanks. Hadn't even considered (or realised) there were Australian ones

Lucille

POPPING OUT FOR SKAG
I think Melbourne as there’s not a daunting amount of episodes to get through and it really hits the ground running.

COB

The Frog Song Crooner
Melbourne (currently four seasons) followed by Syndey and Auckland (one season each) has been my trajectory - I get daunted by anything with over five or six seasons, especially when the seasons are long (all the Aussie/NZ versions are around the ten episodes per season mark).

jivafox

the sexiest thing is trust
Melbourne it is then. Thanks!!

Will start once I finally finish The West Wing

tumblr_nk70knpkpe1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Devil

I Need A House
Yeah, Melbourne is perfect. Melbourne/Sydney/Auckland/Vancouver are all quick series, not too many episodes and all hit the ground running. Melbourne though is such a stellar cast and brings it from day one.

The US ones are just often so long that you really need to be *ready* to get into one, but obviously well worth it (or so I hope!).

Lucille

POPPING OUT FOR SKAG
I think Netflix has a couple of very early seasons of New York otherwise it’s Hayu, but at £4.99 it’s worth every penny!

jivafox

Hayu has a free trial but like Lucille said it’s only £4.99 and the wealth of amazing shows on there is more than worth it.

I mean, it even has Leah Remini’s Anti-Scientology series on there! :disco:

Hayu has a free trial but like Lucille said it’s only £4.99 and the wealth of amazing shows on there is more than worth it.

I mean, it even has Leah Remini’s Anti-Scientology series on there! :disco:

Oh I LOVE that!! What series is that on now? It all got a bit samey but down for watching more

RJN

Way fun!
I loved New York season 3, but I’m struggling a bit with season 4. I may start Melbourne as a break, based on this thread

jivafox

Oh I LOVE that!! What series is that on now? It all got a bit samey but down for watching more

It got to Series 3 before A&E got forced to can it. There’s also a special episode where they drag the Jehovah Witnesses for almost 2 hours.

Devil

I Need A House
Hayu is such good value. I just wished they had Survivor on there (I am secretly a huge Survivor fan, so having the 40 series + international editions would be a RIGHT TREAT for me), but there is enough Housewives to keep me occupied. When I considered it literally cost the same as a pint I figured I could shell out for it :D

Suomi

User
@Ill Advised - Beverley Hills is the only way to go if you’re looking for a long-term relationship. Real storylines and iconic scenes. Auckland if you want a quick fling

@Ill Advised - Beverley Hills is the only way to go if you’re looking for a long-term relationship. Real storylines and iconic scenes. Auckland if you want a quick fling

What I want is high level ridiculous drama and cat fights galore. I assume they all supply that?

Are the UK ones any good?

Suedey

We Let The Weirdness In
This made me so uncomfortable. It was almost too much
Alex' hooker dress and then standing outside the carkpark talking to husband on the phone like she was waiting for a john. So iconic :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom