Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Soldi

Πάμε put your hands up
Pronouns
He/him
Yes it’s ANOTHER POLL, you only have to pick one here though.

Current betting top five (unibet):
Ukraine - 10/11
Italy - 4/1
Sweden - 17/4
United Kingdom - 18/1
Greece - 22/1

I'm going with Italy, partly to save myself the disappointment if the televote is still a little cold on Sweden.

It feels like Ukraine, Italy and Sweden are a pretty clear top three at this stage.

I think Ukraine can win IF the juries give them a bit of love. Providing they get a televote landslide (which feels pretty likely) they’d be fine finishing 5th-6th with the juries, provided there isn’t a runaway jury winner (unless we get another Nobody But You/Proud topping said vote).

Italy feels more like it’d be a consensus winner at this point, if there’s some big differences between jury and public. They should easily get enough love to finish top three on both votes, but probably not enough to win either outright.

And then you’d imagine Sweden will PROBABLY win the jury vote, considering how well they usually do with them. It just depends on the televote which has been their weak point in recent years. Though Hold Me Closer does have lots of authenticity and personality that the cold clinical I Can’t Go On/Dance You Off etc didn’t. I could see this having a bit of life in the charts after the contest too.

So to sum up, at the minute I’d go for:
1. Sweden
2. Ukraine
3. Italy

As for potential SHOCK winners, I’d go for Netherlands or Greece. One good thing about Alina withdrawing is that we’ve a least got a CONTEST on our hands, as opposed to waiting two months for the inevitable Ukraine landslide.

Yes, I think Alina would have won at a canter.

I have no real idea but my gut says Sweden.

Last edited:
BEASTS

6444A63F-45FD-484D-B799-DEBAD0DFAA79.jpeg

It feels like the sort of year where a winner could emerge at rehearsals. Ukraine is dependent on the sympathy vote, Italy’s terrible and Sweden is good but not great, so there’s room for a surprise to come through with a great performance.

Italy's only favoured because they act a bit gay and everyone fancies one of them. It's such a mediocre, Italy-by-numbers song I honestly can't believe anyone genuinely considers it a contender.

I've gone for the UK. We're obviously not going to even come close to winning but I have to stay true to my brand.

Last edited:
I don't want to be construed as pro-Russia or anything but the Ukraine song is just okay and would come 14th in any other year, so I don't think the jury vote will be strong enough to carry it to victory.

I do think Ukraine's entry becomes more powerful with the context, which is an important factor, but I also don't think it's going to get enough jury love.

I've already started the countdown on how long it takes you to shift from that 'obviously not even close'.
Oh that process has already begun and I've booked non-refundable hotel rooms in every city in Britain for every weekend next May so I can beat the rush. I'm just trying to maintain a veneer of sanity with the above comment.

I do think Ukraine's entry becomes more powerful with the context, which is an important factor, but I also don't think it's going to get enough jury love.
The juries are merciless bastards, they'll not blink twice at Ukraine. Remember that time they all voted for North Macedonia to get their hopes up as a cruel joke?

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Hak
It's gonna be Cornelia unless a major surprise (like Ukraine or something improving drastically live). There is no way Italy is winning this year, wake up girls.

As tricky as this is, it’s also difficult to see a winner outside of Ukraine, Sweden, Italy and maybe the UK (but the latter seems more like having a very good shot at a top ten finish whilst not being anything close to a winner). I’m looking around for whom might pull something out of the bag in rehearsals and coming up empty handed for candidates. Maybe Norway.

Italy's only favoured because they act a bit gay and everyone fancies one of them. It's such a mediocre, Italy-by-numbers song I honestly can't believe anyone genuinely considers it a contender.

I've gone for the UK. We're obviously not going to even come close to winning but I have to stay true to my brand.
I liked this post because I was reading a perfectly constructed, logical, coherent and all-around solid opinion.

But then out of nowhere, it went completely south. I removed my like.

Let’s remember we now live in a world where Portugal, PORTUGAL, has won. Anybody can win.

…but it probably won’t be the UK. If it comes top ten I will be so happy I’ll run naked through Hyde Park

Remember this is the continent that gave S*lvador S*bral and Duncan Laurence the win (and put Barbara Pravi in second place), THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED.

I don’t know if it’s just the exposure I’ve had to ButterTart, but I’m starting to become more confident that this could be our Anouk moment.

I don’t know if it’s just the exposure I’ve had to ButterTart, but I’m starting to become more confident that this could be our Anouk moment.
It’s one of the strongest songs and has a lot of buzz around it. I think it’s one of the likeliest contenders to be a jury smash at least.

I think that is a perfectly reasonable prediction (for all the reasons BT says) - it’s just hard to envisage because it is so long since the UK has sent something competitive or, which seemed competitive, but didn’t quite come off on stage.

I’m sorry but I will laugh for a whole week if we finish bottom 5 again.

At this point I can´t see past Italy or Sweden. Ukraine is obviously going to get a lot of love but I will be very surprised if its enough to get it over the line.

As far as the UK goes, having seen his live performances of this song...unless the staging is terrible(yes..I know), I would be very surprised if it doesn´t go down well with the juries(of course televote is a completely different matter :eyes:). His vocals are incredible and I do think the song stands out in a good way.

I´ve always said I have no expectations as far as the UK goes, but to be honest if it is in the bottom 5 I will be very dissapointed

Because it will be really, really funny.
I just think it will be a shame and succour to those who think the contest is a waste of time and the UK shouldn't bother competing. If it flops with a great entry, then it's harder for UK advocates of the contest (as I think most of us are?) to argue that it's still worth being on the stage.

I just think it will be a shame and succour to those who think the contest is a waste of time and the UK shouldn't bother competing. If it flops with a great entry, then it's harder for UK advocates of the contest (as I think most of us are?) to argue that it's still worth being on the stage.
I feel like Moopy is the only place I see it being considered a potential flop. The response towards it elsewhere has been overwhelmingly positive. I don’t know why anyone would want or expect us to fail when we’ve really got it so right this year. I feel the same way about Sweden - I’ve seen other quarters of the internet saying it’s the same old shit from them, but I think people would say that regardless of what Sweden actually sends.

I feel like Moopy is the only place I see it being considered a potential flop. The response towards it elsewhere has been overwhelmingly positive. I don’t know why anyone would want or expect us to fail when we’ve really got it so right this year. I feel the same way about Sweden - I’ve seen other quarters of the internet saying it’s the same old shit from them, but I think people would say that regardless of what Sweden actually sends.
I don't know whether this is confirmation bias or you're just maintaining your brand, but I have not seen unanimously positive remarks about this by any means. Better than usual? Yes absolutely, but there are still plenty who seem to think this could flop or would be a minimal improvement.

Where I stand on it is that yes it's an improvement, yes I appreciate the approach that's been taken this year, but I'm not sure it's enough of an improvement. The song is still so middle-of-the-road, and even though it's generally a middle-of-the-road year, I feel like yet again we're fielding a song that people quite like in the moment but aren't motivated to vote for. I can't help but feel you're forgetting as you have done in previous years that it has to be a hell of a lot of people's FAVOURITE ENTRY to register televote points.

Definite potential for a vastly improved showing from the juries, but he really needs to soar vocally in a way that I'm still not convinced this song gives him adequate scope to do.

I don't know whether this is confirmation bias or you're just maintaining your brand, but I have not seen unanimously positive remarks about this by any means. Better than usual? Yes absolutely, but there are still plenty who seem to think this could flop or would be a minimal improvement.

Where I stand on it is that yes it's an improvement, yes I appreciate the approach that's been taken this year, but I'm not sure it's enough of an improvement. The song is still so middle-of-the-road, and even though it's generally a middle-of-the-road year, I feel like yet again we're fielding a song that people quite like in the moment but aren't motivated to vote for. I can't help but feel you're forgetting as you have done in previous years that it has to be a hell of a lot of people's FAVOURITE ENTRY to register televote points.

Definite potential for a vastly improved showing from the juries, but he really needs to soar vocally in a way that I'm still not convinced this song gives him adequate scope to do.
I didn't say it was unanimously positive, but I'd be lying if I said the response I've seen online was anything less than significantly positive. As a song, I don't find it middle of the road at all - it certainly stands out above the other male vocals of the year. I think we're underestimating the fact that it's a strong song which has been out for a while, he has a HUGE fanbase and he's probably the safest bet for a solid vocal on the night. While I'm not expecting miracles on the televote front, it's easy to see this being someone's favourite, more so than the vast majority of the other songs (Why would people vote for Australia, Poland, Netherlands for example, but not this? Not that they're bad songs, just that they have no more of a hook for voters than this does). I'm going to be confident in our chances of a left hand, possibly top ten finish, because I can't see any legitimate reason other than 'it's the UK/it's not a banger' to think otherwise. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I'd sooner go into the contest with optimism.

Tonight I’m thinking UKRAINE are going to win now.

I’ll end up changing my mind EVERY DAY in the run up to the contest at this rate 🥴

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom