Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Rate 1-10

• Total voters

POP!

Let the light in
Viewable on YouTube if you haven't seen it:

Part 1 of 13:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cFfoo06lDiY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cFfoo06lDiY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

STILL not seen this. Seen it on stage, and 4+ hours of it kind of put me off wanting to see the film.

Last edited:
Why was it 4+ hours on stage? When I saw it it was no more than 2... I saw it with Kathleen Turner and Bill Irwin, who were absolutely NOTHING on Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton - incredible performances from both, especially Taylor. I think I'm quite the Taylor fan without knowing it - I've seen her in 3 movies and always thought she was outstanding.

I loved the way the ending was handled in the movie.. really heartbreaking. :(

I actually thought all 4 of the cast members in the movie were good, and apparently both Turner and the other girl won Oscars and didn't bother turning up to the ceremony!

a 9 for me, though this might go up with further viewing, i'm not entirely sure i completely got it the first time round
it's definitely a film that has stuck though

Why was it 4+ hours on stage? When I saw it it was no more than 2... I saw it with Kathleen Turner and Bill Irwin, who were absolutely NOTHING on Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton - incredible performances from both, especially Taylor. I think I'm quite the Taylor fan without knowing it - I've seen her in 3 movies and always thought she was outstanding.

I saw that same production. I'm not kidding, it was 4 hours!! The running time was even in the programme. I don't think it was a preview.

I just looked it up, yes, it was 3 hours 15 minutes with 2 long intervals that took it to 4 hours from start to finish.

Still not seen the film :(

I saw it on Broadway though - did you see it in the West End? Wonder if it was slightly different perhaps? I really don't remember it being long AT ALL.

Saw this for the first time tonight. What a movie.

So many great lines, I loved it.

I'm still thinking about this film, it really chews and spits you back out.

I HOPE THAT WAS AN EMPTY BOTTLE, GEORGE
YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO WASTE GOOD LIKKA!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom