Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I’m still not sure about this movie split idea. A musical shouldn’t ever really be in separate parts should it?

I hope they expand the universe enough that the story matters and it doesn’t feel weird that there’s all these iconic songs and then it finishes before we’ve heard half of them

But we already know 'Defying Gravity' is in the first one so all the iconic songs should be in part one.

Maybe they'll do an Ariana Grande megamix to get the punters in for part two.

• Haha
Reactions: dUb
Probably a 15 minute munchkin dream ballet sequence in Part 2.

No Good Deed and For Good will both be in the second one, presumably? I adore both of those.

And surely we're very likely to get a new song in each to nab an Oscar nom.

• Love
Oh there must be more than two new ones, as MY SOURCES suggested there's a new Glinda song and one for Elphie as well

I assume it's going to have the rubbish pandering ending that the musical has, and not the appropriately dark ending from the book?

1198980.jpg

1199197.jpg

Oh that's a lovely little reel :shy:

The musical's 3-stars max and they both look about 20 years too old, but it has made me want to see it.

• BOOM BOOM
I met up last week with of my old friends who has now retired. His 8 year old granddaughter is is the movie as a munchkin and got to meet Ariana (she’s played one of the young Annas in Frozen on stage until recently).

Oh I am so ready for this.

I hope there's at least 2 or 3 new songs. It's going to be so huge but how much appetite does the world have for the soundtrack all over again? Then again we have a whole new generation of kids who will love this so I think we need to prepare ourselves for Frozen / Greatest Showman levels of chart domination.

AwwOh I am so ready for this.

I hope there's at least 2 or 3 new songs. It's going to be so huge but how much appetite does the world have for the soundtrack all over again? Then again we have a whole new generation of kids who will love this so I think we need to prepare ourselves for Frozen / Greatest Showman levels of chart domination.
My good friend who I took to the show last year with her daughter told me last week that her 6 year old wants us all to see the film together as it comes out in the week of all of our birthdays.

Wicked Witch Lol GIF by NBC

Everything looks PERFECT apart from Cynthia’s unpleasant riffing on Defying Gravity :( That’s a pretty big no no.
At 2:24 it sounds like the ending to DG but sung more straight-forwardly. That riff has GOT TO GO

It looks pretty wonderful but Ariana's line readings are a bit FLAT to me thus far

Ariana's performance brilliant to me. love that Hollywood adapted WICKED and still tried to hide the fact that it's a musical :eyes:

Somewhere Ben Platt is SEETHING that nobody's so much as blinking at Cynthia or Jonathan being cast as teenagers.

I can’t believe they can get away with that title and trailer without acknowledging it’s only part one of two.

So they included some songs but nobody actually singing :eyes:

It makes complete sense not to say it's Part One but yeah some uninformed people might be a little CROSS

They've seemingly used bits from the second part in this trailer too

Sue Taylor Swift GIF

Where are Ariana's eyebrows?

Also that slow dramatic instrumental of Defying Gravity is excellent!

But yes, that second riff needs to go. The earlier one is SO MUCH BETTER.

it has made me want to see it.

SCRATCH THAT

The fact the two leads make Rizzo from Grease look teenage. Ariana giving the same will-this-do 25% that has typified her recording career. And CGI straight out the latter-day Marvel bin. Not for Finn, loves.

Unless Johnny Bailey wears the same arse-hugging jodhpurs that gave my teenage self a semi when I saw Adam Garcia as Fiyero

SCRATCH THAT

The fact the two leads make Rizzo from Grease look teenage. Ariana giving the same will-this-do 25% that has typified her recording career. And CGI straight out the latter-day Marvel bin. Not for Finn, loves.

Unless Johnny Bailey wears the same arse-hugging jodhpurs that gave my teenage self a semi when I saw Adam Garcia as Fiyero
Are You Sure Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Jonathan Bailey is definitely wearing tight trousers based on the teaser from last week (I went back, slowed it down and checked) even if you can't see it in this trailer (I went back, slowed it down and checked)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom