Women of R&B 2023

FOMO is great. The whole thing is stunning.

I’ve had it on repeat and sadly haven’t managed to give Sinead Harnett any attention but her new one from the deluxe album is also quite stunning!

FOMO is great. The whole thing is stunning.

I’ve had it on repeat and sadly haven’t managed to give Sinead Harnett any attention but her new one from the deluxe album is also quite stunning!

Her cover of At Your Best is also remarkably not a disaster - it’s actually quite stunning.

I've put this on and the middle 8 of What It Is truly is stunning

I like her generally but What It Is is already a next level classic.

Only given the album a quick listen but the mix of familiar and new stuff means it doesn't feel overlong despite the extensive tracklist. FOMO and Bliss stood put of the new ones.

I like her generally but What It Is is already a next level classic.

Only given the album a quick listen but the mix of familiar and new stuff means it doesn't feel overlong despite the extensive tracklist. FOMO and Bliss stood put of the new ones.
I don’t really remember any individual songs after one listen but I liked it all and I’ll definitely listen more

Just discovered this lady - she had an album in 2020 and I've added it to my list to listen to. But this new one is GREAT. A throwback, but feels fresh...

is this the amber mark thread? haven't properly listened to it all yet, but i love darkside. instantly one of the best things she's done.

10 One
10 What It Is
09 Most Men
09 Healing Hurts
10 Bubbles
08 Softly
10 FOMO
07 Turnin’ Pages
72 Foreign Things
07 On & On
07 Out Of This World
09 Cosmic
10 Darkside
10 Worth It
07 Competition
08 Bliss
08 Event Horizon

I think I’ve been really liberal with my scoring.

Has anyone listened to Ama Lou? "Trust Nobody" and "Same Old Ways" are amazing. Her voice is very Jazmine-esque

Cosmic is my favourite at the minute :disco:

Excited to see her in Dublin in March!

How is this expected to chart? I have no idea what level she's at
Cosmic is like Sade doing an Ariana Grande sing and I love it.

This is lovely, she's had a couple of releases recently, I wonder if we're getting an album

Yes the Bree Runway song is wonderful. Very different from what I've heard of her other material mind.

I really like this on first listen. Very understated. And a welcome return for Miss Jorja who's been quiet recently

Love this. The contrast of their voices is so good:

I do like Syd's sound, the effectiveness of a light touch sometimes.

Ok y'all HAVE to listen to Ravyn Lenae. She's very Minnie Ripperton-esque.

New album in May. "Skin Tight" and "Light Me Up" are both excellent.

Who’s the producer? She reminds me a lot of Syd and interesting that the latter features Steve Lacy, another Syd collaborator. Maybe she’s part of that collective or maybe they share producers.

Anyway the first is a bit slight but I love the second one. A real vibe

Anyone given the Kehlani album a whirl? I haven't yet, but this is gorgeous:

this is my favourite Kehlani song in some time

absolutely gorgeous

as is this new one from the always brilliant and sensual Sabrina Claudio

her voice is a thing of wonder and the production is always top notch

I agree @Jark that Altar track is so great. Not a bad album overall, she was never really on my radar before.

I think this is the most Mariah song I've ever heard from someone other than Mariah. Even the name.

YES THE LACK OF APOSTROPHE IS ANNOYING

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom