”WHAT KIND OF A WORD IS QUERO!!”

Wordle 205 6/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

HATED today's. Same two letters in first 4.

Wordle 205 6/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

NARROWLY maintained my streak today. Jesus Christ.

I’ve not done better than 5 so far. Is there like a trick go-to word for the first guess? Like one with the most vowels?

I’ve not done better than 5 so far. Is there like a trick go-to word for the first guess? Like one with the most vowels?

I wanted to ask this too, I always start with

PARTY

For no particular reason

I just go for something random. Whether you get greens, yellows, or blanks they're all useful. Even if you get all blanks, ruling out 5 letters is quite a lot really.

I've managed to do a 3, although the last two were a little tricky so done a bit worse.

If you go with the most vowels, all you're learning is a) there are some vowels there and b) which ones. The first is pretty much a given, though, and the second you can learn mostly by just doing a couple.

So i tend to do a word with two vowels and three common consonants. That way you're broadly finding out which vowels are there but also gaining some knowledge of other letters. Reach or Tears or Stole or something.

Wordle 205 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I started with bring, but not for any reason. Also I think I just got lucky at the end there

You know the green ones are correctly placed don’t you? Why did you stop using them?!
That's hard mode! Sometimes it is useful to just to get more information by using all letters you haven't already done, if nothing else to knock them out. Toggle hard mode and you NEED to use the information you already have in future guesses.

I did the first two, left it for 8 hours, then came back and found my brain had done the backstage work :disco:

Wordle 205 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I try to use words with letters I think are relatively uncommon in English at the beginning, so that I know if I can exclude them early on.

I did consider going down the letter exclusion route first of all, but decided with only 6 guesses it's probably better to go for the most common first. Perhaps I'll try it tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom