Worst pop performance of all time?

Queen Halsey ugh the contrast. HASHTAG your faves could never (except actually mine could and did - see: "Vogue" VMAs 1990 & "Future/Dark Ballet/Like a Prayer" Eurovision 2019)

Ha

What.

the hair, bad Shirley Manson impression and invasive autotune are distracting, but this is not a BAD performance my dear Suedette
What about the backdrop of skinny non-diverse women being paraded around as MEAT for the consumption of the CIS GENEDERED HETORO MALE gaze though?

(I'm not even joking)

Last edited:
What about the backdrop of skinny non-diverse women being paraded around as MEAT for the consumption of the CIS GENEDERED HETORO MALE though?

(I'm not even joking)
oh sorry, I watched the SNL perf of Without Me and not yours.

does this mean I have to pause Heavy Metal Lover and watch sad but sexy Halsey again?!

There's an Ellie Goulding one from one of the MTV awards or similar which is fucking DREADFUL. For a long time I just assumed that she couldn't sing at all but I've been told she can. Maybe it was one off nerves.

I must stress that I actually liked Lisa Marie Presley’s music and it’s a shame she never followed up Storm and Grace which was a properly solid album, but this performance with Billy Idol was shockingly awful. Billy sounds great though:

Taio being blandly capable, Kim giving strong shoulder work... and THEN

Those touching Valentine messages are the cherry on top.

holy shit, pee-yew! :D
iTunes decided to remind me about this song and I got the creeping doubt that this song was just gay hyperbole, there’s really not much to it is there?

And that female gremlin wig! The audience stunned immobile!

There's an Ellie Goulding one from one of the MTV awards or similar which is fucking DREADFUL. For a long time I just assumed that she couldn't sing at all but I've been told she can. Maybe it was one off nerves.

Must have been the nerves. I agree that back when she started she really was a handful, but over the years she has grown into her own and has become quite good live. I'm talking Dua levels of evolution.

I mean, look at the fear in her eyes in this one while wishing everything is over quickly (keep in mind this is from 2009) :(:zombie:

holy shit, pee-yew! :D
iTunes decided to remind me about this song and I got the creeping doubt that this song was just gay hyperbole, there’s really not much to it is there?

And that female gremlin wig! The audience stunned immobile!

The studio version is and will forever be a 100/10. The internet gays got it right this time, in my opinion

The album, on the other hand, is not quite the lost classic I had hoped for/fooled myself into thinking it was

It’s a shame we never got a live performance of ‘Stars Are Blind’ - that would have been quite something.

So much tragedy in this thread.

Can't browse through YouTube right now, but Rihanna has had a couple of bombs, and I'm not just talking about the Hero 'cover'

Alot of bad perfs seem to happen down under :D

Talking of which, where's GERU on The Footie Show? :disco:

GUTTED that my all-time favourite - the infamous Black Box perf where the model tried to sing live for once despite the studio vocal being by Martha Wash, only to have her mic turned down halfway through by HORRIFIED sound engineers - appears to have been expunged from the internet. :(

If anyone can find it, you’ll have my eternal gratitude.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom