Worst pop performance of all time?

Must have been the nerves. I agree that back when she started she really was a handful, but over the years she has grown into her own and has become quite good live. I'm talking Dua levels of evolution.

I mean, look at the fear in her eyes in this one while wishing everything is over quickly (keep in mind this is from 2009) :(:zombie:

I love Ellie but I saw her at a festival once, around 2010, and she was even worse than this

What was funny about that performance was the number of people in the arena (me included) who after a minute or so ducked out to get a beer instead

Reactions: VoR
What was funny about that performance was the number of people in the arena (me included) who after a minute or so ducked out to get a beer instead

Yeah, absolutely misread the room and the occasion. It was baffling.

Speaking of dreadful Kelly O perfs, it's never a bad time to revisit this video when TOTP decided to go REAL MUSIC and insisted that live vox were mandatory which was bad news for all those Italian acts who had cobbled together entire songs consisting of chopped up vocals from Kym Mazelle and Mica Paris's sister.

I knew someone back then who worked on their records and claimed that Kelly Overett was unhinged to the point where she believed she had sung on the studio versions. Management wanted rid and insisted that she would only feature as a drawing on the "U Got 2 Know" album and singles artwork (in the UK at least) so that she could be hastily replaced which happened when they got Allison Jordan instead.

I mean, it’s the easy option to choose. But it still is shocking this ever got the green light.

doesn’t that just describe the Fergie experience though? :D
There have been two Fergie performances in the last that have completely blown me away, but both one-offs when she guested on Gimme Shelter for the Rolling Stones and another thing where she sang Sweet Child O Mine with Slash. She really should have been a Rock star instead.

Fergie is absolutely capable of greatness live, despite being frequently awful.

Posting against the spirit of this thread, but this is one of my favourite X Factor performances ever.

WHAT is this :D
Those far-too-close shots of girls in the audience that looked like they were filmed at a totally different time are my favourite part, along with the absolute non event of the Emma section :D

Fergie is absolutely capable of greatness live, despite being frequently awful.

Posting against the spirit of this thread, but this is one of my favourite X Factor performances ever.

This is a fave of mine too. Bloodsy love it. This perf got this song to #1 over Leona I'm sure.

There have been two Fergie performances in the last that have completely blown me away, but both one-offs when she guested on Gimme Shelter for the Rolling Stones and another thing where she sang Sweet Child O Mine with Slash. She really should have been a Rock star instead.

Was Sweet Child o Mine at Superbowl? :disco:

Gimme More is one of the greatest pop performances of all-time. It's her performances from Circus on (staring with that ill-fated 08 X-Factor slot) that were dreadful. But let's not put icons like Britney and Mariah in the same bucket as Cheryl and Kelly Osborne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom