WTFH tour

It could be anyone really, probably only takes 2-3 key players even outside of the group to go down for the thing to fall apart.

That said, LSL has been uncharacteristically quiet on then socials...

Wouldn't they just say if it was Claire? I don't think it would be 'admitting they can't cope without her', given that Lee is also out. It's a much harder sell to the fans when two of them are out.

Like Pingu suggests, I suspect it's people outside of the group.

Interesting! But I'm guessing Marillion aren't playing arenas these days...
Correct! Their London shows were at the Eventim Apollo. I think for it to work you need very dedicated, older fans who can afford to lose out if things go wrong, and a limited number of not-too-big shows...

Reactions: VoR
I just heard on the news that the Glasgow gig was an Omicron superspeader event :o

They rearranged the two cancelled gigs complete with everyone's favourite charidee dancing queen very swiftly:

Oh wow we went to this Saturday - barely making it due to cancelled trains in the storm and freezing weather as it is - and now I feel even more grateful. No Lee, Faye back - I guess we got the best deal by sheer luck.

I didn't see the last tour so can't compare it but I thought the staging was more than fine for a Steps gig. What struck me was how packed full of hits it was, without leaving off the recent singles (but absolutely no new album tracks whatsoever which, given they've released 2 albums for this tour, did stick out a bit, not that I missed most of them :basil: But would it have hurt to do a perf of To The Beat Of My Heart at least?)

I guess they know what the average person wants so we get the FULL WHACK of hits and in fairness it kept the momentum going, I don't think there was a proper piss break moment at all. I think in 2021 to see Steps still playing arenas like the O2 while the entire audience sings back their songs doing the dance routines is FAR more than anyone could have expected and if that allows them to keep making new music, then good for them (and us).

Surprise highlights:

After The Love Has Gone, whatever changes they made to the track did it the world of good, as did the performance.

The acoustic-ish version of Heartbeat. I mean it's one of their worst but somehow they made it a bit more special and they sounded great

The VOGUE rap!

Scared Of The Dark getting the encore treatment it rightfully deserves

I just heard on the news that the Glasgow gig was an Omicron superspeader event :o

They rearranged the two cancelled gigs complete with everyone's favourite charidee dancing queen very swiftly:

Bit too swiftly as it turns out. They've been cancelled.

• Wow
Reactions: COB
FFS! "We hope you can join us for another of our dates", except there are NONE near where Bournemouth is or near me at all...

Yeah a shame, but I guess to put on the whole arena shebang for two nights probably doesn’t work.

I‘m seeing them at Hoopla and could possibly get to the Chelmsford one as my friend from Australia is over and I think he might like to go.

Just got tickets to the Chelmsford one :disco: I know the excitement is gone, but having missed last years shebang I’m hoping this hits the spot.

This is really well done. Assuming they used some shots from other tour dates?

Really glad they were able to cobble a DVD together as it was a great tour. Yes apparently the backbone of the footage is the 2nd O2 night when they were missing Lee, but they've added in some video and audio from other dates.

Reactions: dUb
That makes sense, they needed the Faye concert over the Lee for the bulk, let’s be fair :D

But glad this is coming, missing the tour this will do until I see them this year.

65 quid for a little book with it though? No thanks.

The pricing/bundling is a little odd. The oversized book CD/DVD/blu ray thing for the last tour ended up very cheap on Amazon though.

It looks pretty well done from that video, lots of wide shots, but that is understandable. Apart from 5-6-7-8 Lee only really has the odd line, luckily for whoever was putting this together. Steps always do come through with the product for/to fleece the fans.

This is likely a very stupid question but do Steps tour with a live band or is the musical backing all prerecorded?

And if there is no band, who is at the controls in terms of the backing tracks?

And if there is no band, who is at the controls in terms of the backing tracks?

Steve Anderson is usually the Musical Director, isn’t he? If that’s what you’re getting at

Oh I know he's their musical director but I presume he is not at every show to do his bit.

What I meant was in the absence of a band director (normally someone on keyboards or drums) who is actually setting the pace for the show? Does this mean that they have no freedom for anything impromptu.

I assumed they did actually have a band but someone I was chatting to about this is convinced they don't.

I think it’s a mix. They definitely have had live bands when I’ve seen them before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom